Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times

Advertisements

I am excited, but PLEASE Bethesda: make human bodies look like human bodies instead of barbie dolls this time !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Two favorite parts of Morrowind:

1. When you attack someone and they run away screaming "Ahhh, don't kill me!"
2. When you kill Crazy Batou and you get a message that you are now in a doomed world (although turns out that wasn't true).

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,495 times
New info on the game can be found here: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Combat Details, Races And More | Gamemunition

I really hope they don't dumb the game down for idiots.

I have more faith in Todd Howard than that. Please don't pull a Fable 3 on us.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 AM

192 posts, read 436,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
two favorite parts of morrowind:

1. When you attack someone and they run away screaming "ahhh, don't kill me!"
2. When you kill crazy batou and you get a message that you are now in a doomed world (although turns out that wasn't true).
3. Flying!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:23 PM

713 posts, read 3,438,412 times
Just read the gameinformers for the game Everything looks very nice from the pictures and they gave a lot of detail on the many game mechanics.

1.A new language called the Dragon Language has been included into the game, the trailers song is in that language.

2.You can wield two swords at a time.

3.You can fire two different spells at a time. Like dual swords you can place a different spell for each hand.

4.Cool random instances!! Example given from book is if you dropped a sword in town it would a) just be forgotten there, b)a child might pick it up and run to you asking if you dropped this and would like it back, or c) two men might reach for it and begin to fight over who should have it. This is just an example but you can see how this can lead to interesting things

5.If you killed a shop owner that had a quest for you then the shop owners wife/husband or child will take over the shop and might offer you the same quest but out of hate for killing said person.

6.The game learns from how you play and runs random scripts accordingly, if you trained your magic skills up high you might be offered a dual by another mage that would not of happened if you leveled your melee skills. Also when entering a town someone might come to you asking for help because you are a good person and if you agree then the game will look at your map and pick a place you have not been to yet and place the quest there.

7. DRAGONS!!

8. Also gave info and the graphics engine in the game and stated that when snow hits the ground it falls naturally on objects and is not a pre-rendered texture. So I am guessing that if you dropped a object on the floor in the snow it will slowly get covered. It also states how the trees and there leaves and branches move on there own and many random creatures that will wonder the land brings the game world to life.

That is just some of the many ++s given and I can only hope it will be a lot better 10 months from now

Old 01-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Scans from the Game Informers magazine on the Elder Scrolls:V

Old 02-09-2011, 06:45 AM

518 posts, read 1,579,952 times
Happy Birthday to me! Between This and ME3 I'm not going to leave the house for a few weeks!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgomez912 View Post
... Also gave info and the graphics engine in the game and stated that when snow hits the ground it falls naturally on objects and is not a pre-rendered texture. So I am guessing that if you dropped a object on the floor in the snow it will slowly get covered. It also states how the trees and there leaves and branches move on there own and many random creatures that will wonder the land brings the game world to life.

That is just some of the many ++s given and I can only hope it will be a lot better 10 months from now
Can you imagine the hardware that will be required to run this game? My i7 920 quad core w/6gbs of ram and a nVidia GTS250 probably won't be enough!

Ian

Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM

I dought you will have problems. Its not like its using the cryengline 3 or anything Imagine playing the game with crysis 2 graphics lol but it will look A LOT better than oblivion since the standard has really improved since oblivion first came out.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

I want this game now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games