Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 12:54 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times

Advertisements

Fable 3 is a nice videogame! GREAT PC graphics, good gameplay, nice storyline, you don't get lost because the trace tells you where to go, many side quests, and good combat action, - whether by magic, sword, or gun. I like the action here better than Assassins Creed 1, Crysis 2, Dungeon Siege 3, - and by the way these games stink because of their checkpoint savegames. Fable 3 lets you save your game at any point, but there are only about 10 save games slots. First time I played this game I played as a beautiful female character. You can also choose to play as a man too. I made a mistake the first time I played this game - I didn't buy many houses and shops and make money by renting them. So when the endgame came I didn't have money to drop into the treasury to save people. I just did a few side quests too, so I finished the game in 23 hours. But my game was messed up… No citizens survived the endgame onslaught. And after the final battle there were no citizens going around, just side quest characters. Then I spent 25 hrs replaying the game better as a man – bought real estate, rented for money at normal rates, and I married and had a kid. I was able to save all the people in the final battle! And the citizens all loved me in the endgame, which can still continue with the sidequests.

What you have to do as you play this game is earn money, buy houses, rent, maybe start a family in each city [families will give gifts to you] – you do all this while doing the main story line. Look at online game guides and Youtube to see how the gameplay goes. If you do all this + some of the extra stuff [like 22 silver keys and chests] and a couple of sidequests it will take you about 25 to 30 hrs.

I’d say this game was totally worth the $20 + all DLC I got it for in a Steam Sale. But I didn’t know how to install my DLC.

Right now today [11-27-2011] it’s on sale on Steam for $24.99 – still worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games