Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

xbox breaks more, that should be a consideration when buying an expensive game system. PS3 is more likely to work after continued use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM

354 posts, read 517,925 times
Was wondering why xbox outsold ps3 in spite of its infamous RROD. I mean my sis has just bought a 3rd xbox for her kids. ALL same problem - RROD!! Meanwhile, PS3 has no issues I know of. Maybe coz few people owns it?

I wonder why in spite of RRODs people still prefer to buy another xbox. Well, i got lucky i found someone who can repair the RROD of my sis xbox. So I kept it. LOL.

But if I were to buy between the 2 I will buy ps3. besides, i owned a ps1 so playstation has soft spot in my gamer's heart.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:38 AM

306 posts, read 689,869 times
Well, the older PS3s had YLOD. While the older Xbox's had the RROD.

The rate at failure was RROD about 30 or so percent I remember from an article I read while YLOD was 1% of all PS3s.

However, the new XBOX Slims are supposedly fixed of the issue and I know I haven't heard of the RROD issue in the newest slims lately..

Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM

354 posts, read 517,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post

However, the new XBOX Slims are supposedly fixed of the issue and I know I haven't heard of the RROD issue in the newest slims lately..
The 2nd xbox of my sis was a slim and it got RROD. but like I said I had it fix. for how long? who knows. had it also modded. so yay.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Ah well, I've had both systems. PS3 is the one for me.

I didn't mind either controllers, liked Uncharted more than Halo but those weren't part of my decision maker as the games I play are on both systems.

So to me? It was free internet service + my friends being on PS3......and BluRay doesn't hurt

Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
I also think that the PS3 is the better value over time. There are really no additional fees besides the games, extra controller and maybe a headset. What turned me off about getting a Xbox was all of the additional fees associated with it like xbox live, batteries (for the controller) etc. I grew up with Playstation so i like their 1st party games better then Microsofts.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
I currently own both systems and prefer my PS3 to my Xbox 360. Yes, owning a Xbox 360 does come with hidden costs. 5 years with Xbox Live adds up to the same amount as paying for a PS3 and I do not see much of a difference in online quality between the Xbox Live and Playstation Network. Eventually you end up paying more money with an Xbox 360 and Xbox Live than with a PS3 in addition to buying the game which ranges from $20-$60.

Microsoft packages Xbox 360 with regular battery pack. You have to spend an additional $20 for the rechargeable batteries. None of Microsoft's accessories are built to last. The rechargeable batteries and their headsets will wear out in a few months and you have to replace them. They are designed to break after a certain period of time.

I haven't like the Xbox 360 dashboard since their original design. It's way too cluttered compared to the PS3 XMB and ads are thrown at your face. You have to ask yourself, what are you paying for?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM

192 posts, read 298,366 times
Thank you everyone. I probably getting the PS3, but when the prices go down.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Craigslist if you don't want to wait.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
I was just about to post a similar thread, but it seems all the bases have been covered here! I'm planning to get a new game system once the post-holiday sales kick in (do you think next week?), as I sold my PS3 last year and have regretted it ever since. I was thinking about going XBox instead, but after reading this thread I'm leaning towards another PS3. In case it helps the OP, here are the reasons why:

- I already have a Sony account (with a balance of $20+, no less), and don't like the idea of paying for online access; plus I'd spent a bunch of money on Rock Band & GH downloads, which I would lose with a switch to XBox.
- I kept a few of my old games, which I'm sure I'll play again... namely Rock Band 2, which I miss dearly, although I will have to get a new guitar.
- I have NO working DVD player in my house, so the bonus of a BlueRay/DVD player is appealing.
- I'm not into multiplayer games, thus any differences there are irrelevant to me.

How about the price difference? I'll have to check on that, but IIRC the PS3 is a little cheaper for new systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games