Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times

Advertisements

Atari [don't know if it's Atari or someone bought the rights] but the classic game console is back with 2 wireless controllers. The box is pre-loaded with 76 games. [no cartridges needed] Plug and play on a TV. It is being sold at bedbathandbeyond for $50.
I remember some classic games. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Combat, Asteroid, Centipede, Missle Command, Freeway, Berzerk.
Was Tetris an Atari cartridge game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Atari [don't know if it's Atari or someone bought the rights] but the classic game console is back with 2 wireless controllers. The box is pre-loaded with 76 games. [no cartridges needed] Plug and play on a TV. It is being sold at bedbathandbeyond for $50.
I remember some classic games. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Combat, Asteroid, Centipede, Missle Command, Freeway, Berzerk.
I think Tetris came out with Nintendo.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Not finding it at BBandB, but Best Buy and others carry it.

Game list:

3D Tic-Tac-Toe • Adventure • Adventure II • Air·Sea Battle • Aquaventure • Asteroids® • Backgammon • Basketball • Battlezone® • Black Jack • Bowling • Breakout® • Canyon Bomber™ • Centipede® • Championship Soccer • Circus Atari™ • Combat Two • Combat® • Crystal Castles® • Demons to Diamonds™ • Desert Falcon® • Dodge 'Em • Double Dunk™ • Fatal Run • Flag Capture • Football • Frog Pond • Front Line™ • Fun with Numbers • Golf • Gravitar® • Hangman • Haunted House™ • Home Run • Human Cannonball™ • Jungle Hunt • Maze Craze • Miniature Golf • Missile Command® • Night Driver™ • Off The Wall • Outlaw • Polaris™ • Realsports® Baseball • Realsports® Basketball • Realsports® Soccer • Realsports® Volleyball • Return to Haunted House • Saboteur™ • Save Mary • Sky Diver • Slot Machine • Slot Racers • Space Invaders™ • Space War • Sprintmaster •Star Ship • Steeplechase • Stellar Track™ • Street Racer • Submarine Commander • Super Baseball • Super Breakout® • Super Football • Surround • Swordquest: Earthworld • Swordquest: Fireworld • Tempest® • Video Checkers • Video Chess • Pong (Video Olympics) • Video Pinball • Warlords® • Wizard • Yars' Revenge®

Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I wish someone would release one of these with a cartridge slot. Built-in are great, but I have over 500 cartridges that I'd love to play a more modern system with a wireless controller and a/v outputs.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:49 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
PacMan has always been my favorite. So much fun!
I can't see it listed, though. They can't possibly make this type of console and not include PacMan!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
I picked one of these up today, kind of disappointed. I thought these were the real thing, but it appears as though these are remakes. I've noticed several of the games are different, with some not even looking at all like the originals(Space Invaders). Adventure plays differently, Asteroids has no flicker. I was hoping this was the real deal, apparently not.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
PacMan has always been my favorite. So much fun!
I can't see it listed, though. They can't possibly make this type of console and not include PacMan!
Atari lost the home rights to Pac Man long ago. Also, the 2600 version of Pac Man was awful.

If you want to play it, you can download it for 360, PS3, or Wii. Or there are these joysticks that have a few games on them that you plug right into your TV.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Funny to see this thread. I have a Flashback (first iteration) and have never opened it. I see it daily as it is standing up in the box next to the tv and think about hooking it up at least once a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games