Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 09:23 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
Yes, I own multiple FPS games.
I never even bought Ghosts. I rented it for two days and got up to level 15 then returned it. Infinity Ward sucks now, and their CODs are lifeless FPS's with no soul or creativity. At least Treyarch knows how to inject some fresh life to a franchise that is getting more stale every year.

Notice how the games demographics [12 to 15 year olds] never changes? I use to love owning noobs back when the first Black Ops was big [2011] but now I just don't care. Everyone that loved COD when COD 4 came out has likely given up on this franchise years ago, likely after MW3 [which also sucked].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 08:26 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,091,305 times
I still play Black Ops 2 on my Xbox 360 almost daily. I never heard enough good things about Titanfall, either on the PC, XB1 or 360, to make me want to give it a try and abandon a game like BLOPS 2 that still has a ton of support.

Overall, the on-line first-person-shooter genre feels stale and adding Parkour elements doesn't seem to be the way to save it. FPS video games sorta feel like they're on their deathbed kinda like fighting games were towards the end of the 90's.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Titanfall is fun for a while, but imo it lacks longevity and the challenges are a bit over the top.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:42 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
I gotta agree with what some others are saying Titanfall is just the test run for Titanfall 2 and you know there is going to be one. It's sort of like Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 there is honestly no point in playing L4D1 over L4D2. I think that's how Titanfall is going to go. I'm amazed how many good reviews Titanfall got going by the number of people that feel the game isn't all that. I still want to get Titanfall I just don't have time for it right now and I think it is overpriced. I haven't even played Battlefield 4 yet. I'm really far behind when it comes to FPS games.

FYI - Titanfall CD Key is on sale now at g2a.com for about 40 bucks.
https://www.g2a.com/titanfall-origin...-global-cd-key

The game is overpriced anyway at 60 bucks (imo) so you're basically getting the digital version of a 50 dollar game on sale for 10 bucks off. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games