Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
CoD 3 9.09%
CoD 2 2 6.06%
CoD 3 0 0%
CoD 4: Modern Warfare 9 27.27%
CoD: Modern Warfare 2 5 15.15%
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 2 6.06%
CoD: World at War 0 0%
CoD: Black Ops 4 12.12%
CoD: Black Ops II 8 24.24%
CoD: Ghosts 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times

Advertisements

This is how you own on Black Ops-
Excadrill385 - Black Ops Game Clip - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Hahaha, this post is awesome.

Some of my friends have done pretty badly, but I never seem that angry. If my friends go 5-25, I brush it off, but when a stranger on my team does, I am furious. I guess it's because usually when my friends go 5-25, I end up 25-5. Go figure.
Same with me. I think it's because I feel like the game dumps me with all the garbage players and the opposing team gets the rest of the good ones. Of course, if I play with personal friends I can't get mad. Most of my friends are decent, but not amazing. They usually have 1.1 to 1.3 K/Ds.

However, if I don't know you personally, and you suck really bad at the game, then don't be surprised if I delete you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
First one > all.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's funny. I (as well as most people, I reckon) would find it MUCH harder to sit and take one well placed shot than to run around firing spreads from fully auto guns.
How so?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,482,001 times
CoD: UO

I loved the large maps and WWII. My favourite moment was riding shotgun in a jeep. Because I entered holding a Luger pistol, that was my weapon during the trip. The driver tried to ram an American soldier, missed, and hit a wall. I promptly shot the American to death with my Luger out of the passenger sear.

CoD 2 was OK, but it was obviously "console-ized" with the small maps. Future CoD got worse in terms of seeming like clones of one another to me (automatic weapons and corridor shooting).

Old 05-01-2014, 01:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
How so?
Is this a serious question? Are you really asking me to explain simple probablility?

Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Is this a serious question? Are you really asking me to explain simple probablility?
It's not hard to sit in one spot and pick off people in 1-3 shots while they are distracted. You don't need one well placed shot to kill with a sniper rifle. Hell, 95% of the sniper shots I see or even take myself when I have to use one don't even look like they are hitting the person...

It's harder to aim quickly and track ammo while running by many shooters.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:00 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,844,217 times
Quote:
It's not hard to sit in one spot and pick off people in 1-3 shots while they are distracted. You don't need one well placed shot to kill with a sniper rifle. Hell, 95% of the sniper shots I see or even take myself when I have to use one don't even look like they are hitting the person...

It's harder to aim quickly and track ammo while running by many shooters.
Agreed. I can maintain a 2.5-3 kd as a sniper, and have while doing certain challenges like concealed cobra and ghillie. It is a helluva lot easier than run-n-gun. Get out of the shadows and put your pixels at risk like the rest of us damnit lol.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Agreed. I can maintain a 2.5-3 kd as a sniper, and have while doing certain challenges like concealed cobra and ghillie. It is a helluva lot easier than run-n-gun. Get out of the shadows and put your pixels at risk like the rest of us damnit lol.
Honestly, nothing is more of a perfect demonstration of the idiocracy that is sniping and corner camping than Hardcore TDM. I used to play a few rounds here and there a few CoDs back, and it was fun, but I recently checked it out during the last Clan Wars and holy hell, what a nightmare. Everyone just sits in a corner for the entire game, the games last the full amount of time and the score is extremely low. You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you're one of them. If you want to stare at a wall, go do it in your living room. It wastes far less electricity and is at least considerate towards others.

Another thing I am sick of is when I'm getting shot at and a teammate takes their sweet time trying to knife them. Help your teammates out, you morons! It IS team deathmatch after all...

The sheer amount of inconsideration for others in this game is insane.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times
Quote:
Honestly, nothing is more of a perfect demonstration of the idiocracy that is sniping and corner camping than Hardcore TDM. I used to play a few rounds here and there a few CoDs back, and it was fun, but I recently checked it out during the last Clan Wars and holy hell, what a nightmare. Everyone just sits in a corner for the entire game, the games last the full amount of time and the score is extremely low. You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you're one of them. If you want to stare at a wall, go do it in your living room. It wastes far less electricity and is at least considerate towards others.

Another thing I am sick of is when I'm getting shot at and a teammate takes their sweet time trying to knife them. Help your teammates out, you morons! It IS team deathmatch after all...

The sheer amount of inconsideration for others in this game is insane.
I generally hate the knifing in COD, too unrealistic and makes for annoying players. They should change it so that the knife only OHKOs when attacked from the back. And get rid of the Ballistic Knifes crap. I got into a fight with someone before because he disapproved of my play style and yet he had a bad K/D. His comeback "That's because I only knife people". If you wanna run around knifing people, go play a hack & slash game.

The Jump kicking in Titanfall is even more annoying. Why did they put something so stupid in the game?

Old 05-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I generally hate the knifing in COD, too unrealistic and makes for annoying players. They should change it so that the knife only OHKOs when attacked from the back. And get rid of the Ballistic Knifes crap. I got into a fight with someone before because he disapproved of my play style and yet he had a bad K/D. His comeback "That's because I only knife people". If you wanna run around knifing people, go play a hack & slash game.

The Jump kicking in Titanfall is even more annoying. Why did they put something so stupid in the game?
You have to remember, just because they design video games, doesn't make them geniuses. I've seen multiple examples that such a thing is further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games