Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times

Advertisements

And it looks delicious!
http://youtu.be/sFu5qXMuaJU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
It will be delicious if it has Zombies... if it doesn't it won't be worth the purchase.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
It will be delicious if it has Zombies... if it doesn't it won't be worth the purchase.
Ew

I'm just hoping for a decent reward system and perhaps a bit harder than Ghosts to max prestige. I've been at max for 2-3 weeks now, ALREADY!

Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
I am about as impressed as I would be if my dog sat down for me to give him some food.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:26 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
And around the U.S, many white hats scream with joy. (see urban dictionary)

but seriously, it actually doesn't look bad, might actually be fun. Though I wish they were a bit creative with weapons, rather than just your standard knife, pistol, shotgun, assault, sniper, RPG, grenade they could toss in some Falloutesque techs with plasma or electric energy weapons, big cleaving swords, sledgehammer, grapple tools, etc?

Maybe let you customize your character so you and your clan can have a GiJoe ensemble to show off lol.

Of course many fans may gripe and say those ideas aren't realistic, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun right?

Quote:
I think the zombie fad has finally ran its course, after Dying Light comes out. I think we're due for the return of Aliens or go the doom route with techfused hellspawn!

Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 AM

570 posts, read 721,367 times
Lame. It's a shame the rumors about this Cod being set in WW1 were false. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I may or may not pick it up. Can't be any worse than Ghosts, right?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:46 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Meh. I hate when they put out preview trailers like this. I'd say 95% of the people who play COD don't give a rats you-know-what about the campaign story. We only really care about the multiplayer. Show us what the multiplayer gameplay looks like then see if we get excited about it.

Everyone knows that multiplayer is what people care about with the COD franchise, not campaign.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Meh. I hate when they put out preview trailers like this. I'd say 95% of the people who play COD don't give a rats you-know-what about the campaign story. We only really care about the multiplayer. Show us what the multiplayer gameplay looks like then see if we get excited about it.

Everyone knows that multiplayer is what people care about with the COD franchise, not campaign.
I find that odd, for me and most of my friends and a vast majority of my clan Multiplayer is why we dont play COD franchise anymore. Multiplayer hasnt existed since COD4. Hacked lobbies and hackers in "servers" with no admins and waiting on VAC to ban somebody is laughable at best. If they had rentable and configurable servers I would definitely get it but we all know thats dead in the water.

What we saw in that video is just a trailer, its sad that anybody could watch that and get excited and say theyre going to get the game. Any franchise can put out a good video.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM

The #1 thing I am called when playing CoD? Any guesses? It's not noob. It's not camper. It's not an a**hole. It's a hacker. I get called and accused of being a cheater almost every day. And I've never cheated on CoD EVER. The real answer to why they are mad is that they are GARBAGE. I scored a 143 on the WAIS and maxed out the visuospatial section of the exam. Perhaps reconsider where to shift the blame.

Simple: psychological projection

In my opinion, most CoD criticisms are psychological projection. I'm not saying all; I'm saying most. I also believe that's the reason behind overwhelming praise for Titanfall, which I thought was ho-hum at best (and I was good at it).

Can't wait for the next game!

I think what most people don't realize what Activision may be doing (if they are good enough) is the same thing that has been and is being done with the iPhone (despite my hatred of Apple). Here is an example:

2014 release: climb walls, super jumps, future setting
2015 release: rocket packs, destructable environments, future setting
2016 release: light gravity maps, space-ship, other planet based maps
2017 release: vehicles, other planet based

etc etc.

Sure, they can do them all in one release, but why, when you can stagger it to keep interest in the game? If you don't think Apple knew about putting a fingerprint censor in their phone 5-7 years ago, you're crazy. This is how software/hardware development cycles work.

Last edited by rorytmeadows; 05-02-2014 at 09:49 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Art imitates life. Call of Duty - Superpower For Hire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE17D8C6O4A

BTW, I'm a big fan of HBO's Vice news program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games