Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM

702 posts, read 727,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm no expert on this stuff but i want to do a triple monitor setup, will i need a certain graphics card to do that or can most graphics cards today support a triple monitor setup?

and can you do this with all monitors or do you need a certain monitor?

this is the one i like
Monitors & Projectors - MX239H - ASUS
Depends on the GPU output. My GPU supports up to three outputs off of the one card. I have one going to a TV via HDMI, and the other two going to two monitors.

One thing I would say to consider would be refresh rate of the monitor. Most panels are 60Hz, but now you'll find 120Hz or 144Hz displays. I didn't see it on that page, but from googling it it seems like that is a 120Hz panel. If you get good hardware and your GPU is pumping out 130FPS you will not be able to experience them on a lower Hz monitor. The response time is something else to consider if you are going to be playing anything that requires twitch movement like a competitive FPS or MOBA.

Personally, my main monitor is 144Hz with 1ms response time. It is DRASTICALLY noticeable when running 144+FPS versus 60 or even 120. You can use programs to throttle your FPS and it is like night any day.

Most consoles are limited to a max of 60FPS, the majority run under that. Many around 30. It looks like a slide show after playing the same game at almost 5 times as many frames per second. There is just no going back.

I would seriously suggest you taking a look at http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc. There are a lot of quality resources there for someone looking at picking parts or that has questions about compatibility and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games