Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:30 PM

44 posts, read 43,802 times

Advertisements

As you may or may not be able to tell by my name, I am a Warhammer 40,000 fan. I like the video games and soon enough I will get into painting and collecting the models. I like it, it's a rather new hobby. It's fun!

I searched the forum here but I don't see much about Warhammer 40,000 here. I was surprised! Who here is into the Warhammer 40,000 universe?

And, Warhammer Fantasy is acceptable too, although I've never really delved into it much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,520,199 times
I am in the lore both fantasy and 40K but I never really actually played the games.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
I am in the lore both fantasy and 40K but I never really actually played the games.
They are quite good! There are these days always new 40K games slated to be released. Same with Fantasy, although on a much smaller scale. I heard sometime by the end of this year we will see a Fantasy first person game, interesting stuff.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:59 PM

61 posts, read 99,675 times
I've painted WH40K Tyranid models off and on for a while now. I really don't play much, but rather spend time just painting and making interesting terrain for my army. My hubby has space marines, and we swap model parts to make our models more interesting. He will put a tyranid head under the foot of his space marine, and I'll dangle a space marine arm from the jaws of my carnifex

If I get a second army, its going to be Tau. It's easy to make terrain for them too.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:12 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
Can you explain to me what Warhammer 40K games are like? I really never played any of them but have heard the name. I'll look it up on YouTube tonight if I get a chance.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Can you explain to me what Warhammer 40K games are like? I really never played any of them but have heard the name. I'll look it up on YouTube tonight if I get a chance.
They are video games revolving around the lore of the Warhammer 40K universe. Some of them directly expand upon books, the codex, stuff like that, while others make up their own 40K storylines (but they have to follow certain criteria for it to be considered a proper 40K game).

As for the exact genres of the games, that varies greatly depending on the game. I have played all types of 40K games. It really depends on what the developer is into making in relation to the 40K series. Here we are just talking about video games. People also play the tabletop version, but I'm not that familiar with that style of the game at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thupermoon View Post
I've painted WH40K Tyranid models off and on for a while now. I really don't play much, but rather spend time just painting and making interesting terrain for my army. My hubby has space marines, and we swap model parts to make our models more interesting. He will put a tyranid head under the foot of his space marine, and I'll dangle a space marine arm from the jaws of my carnifex

If I get a second army, its going to be Tau. It's easy to make terrain for them too.

Really? A warmonger couple? I'm not at that level of Warhammer 40K fandom just yet. Building and painting a good looking, versatile army takes a lot of work and planning.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrkDethKannon View Post
They are quite good! There are these days always new 40K games slated to be released. Same with Fantasy, although on a much smaller scale. I heard sometime by the end of this year we will see a Fantasy first person game, interesting stuff.
I'm more into science fiction so Warhammer 40K might be my thing. So if I were to buy some Warhammer material what should I start out with?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
I'm more into science fiction so Warhammer 40K might be my thing. So if I were to buy some Warhammer material what should I start out with?
It depends on what you enjoy. There are books, finished models, model making kits, video games, even a movie now (more are slated to come out in the following year).

Most people start out with the model making kits, where the body parts are scattered in gray and you need to put them together and paint them for your given species (Orks, Tyranids, Tau, etc). This may be expensive though, so I would recommend getting it on some type of sale if you can. Overall, the w40k universe can be very fun and immersive, and you can delve into lots of specific activities within the universe like I described above. But if you are going to be a warmonger, and get into assembling and painting models and armies, you should play it smart and try to gauge what you really want, and what you don't want.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:37 PM

So, does anyone know of any good gaming stores to get the supplies and the appropriate merchandise for the game? What do you want to look for?

Old 09-02-2020, 07:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Do the Tyranids have a presence in the Warp? If so how the Chaos gods handle them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games