Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 10:21 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

As a gamer, are you the type that likes to take their time through every level and every landscape, checking out every building, every nook and crannie, and looking for collectibles, weapons, etc.? Or are you the kind of gamer that likes to speed run and get through a level and the story line as fast as possible?

Maybe it's a bit of OCD in me, but every game I played including the Fallout series, I'm a stickler for covering every bit of the gaming environment. If there's a small building or shack, I have to check it out. If I'm in a city (like Lexington or Concord in Fallout 4), I've spent hours checking out every building to see what I can find inside, and to see if there's any doors or access points I can check out. For example, for Fallout 4, I went back to Concord after I cleared the city out of raiders and Preston and party left. I found a sewer access tunnel as well as a few extra rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 11:46 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Slow & deliberate for linear games
- I stink at video games, so I need all the power ups, weapons/ammo I can get
- I'm a little OCD, & for most games I can't run to the next area knowing I may have left some goodies behind.

For open world games I lean more towards a speed runner. It bugs me though that I do that & I think that's why I don't like open world games as much. Guilt factor
- I don't care about collectibles or exploring nooks (if I know there's nothing of too much value there)
- Games like Batman & Assassins Creed are too large (for me) & they have other ways I'd rather spend time on to build up the character - like side missions rather than looking for hidden treasure chests.
- I watch my wife play skyrim & I know I could never get into that game. It's too large & I know I'd feel bad for not exploring more.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:05 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
I prefer to play one or two games intensively, than several games casually. I try to get the most I can out of every game, but at the same time I don't spend hours trying to access secret walls and Easter Egg hunting. I let the Youtubers do that for me...
Still, some games force you to go treasure hunting in order to pass missions or build up your character (like Destiny). In that case, it's part of the game and therefore fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games