Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 08:57 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

OK, I got an Xbox 360. Don't laugh, I got it used, for cheap. I'm 50 years old and never into games, I just wanted to try it out. We just got it the night before last, and so far have had fun with Tiger Woods Golf, FIFA16, some Sega Classics (Sonic, etc...).

I put in GTA, and to my surprise, I was able to figure it out pretty quickly. For me, that's amazing, I couldn't barely figure out how to play Mario on the Wii (LOL, but seriously....). Anyway, I am not going to be hooking this thing up to the internet, so I'm wondering what the limitation will be. I really don't care about playing against strangers, so that's no problem.

More specifically, HERE IS MY QUESTION:
I loaded GTA (v5) onto my hard drive. Is there a way to have it remember where I stop? Or will I need to start from the intro each time? I am hoping to save my progress, and just have not figured out how to do it.

If you have a solution, can you write it in dummy-form please. I really am console illiterate.

After answering that, I am interested in what other games are fun, and easy to get into. (It came with Red Dead, minecraft, GTA 4 & 5, FIFA 16 and a bunch of others. I'm wanting a good driving game (Forza???) and maybe a good "adventure" game. Whatever I get, should be off-line friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 AM

589 posts, read 1,348,055 times
I know nothing about GTA, except that my son loves it. There are ways to save games, I think in the beginning you have to find specific save points, but eventually you can save at any time. If you're ever struggling to figure out a game, just google the game name plus the word walkthrough.

For games with high replay value, I strongly recommend Halo. Halo 2, 3, 4, and Halo Reach are all good, but the original Halo is still the best.

Another with very high replayability is Skyrim. I've played through Skyrim from start to levels in the 60's and up at least 4 times with different characters.

I play a lot of first person shooters and horror themed games. If you like scary, you can't go wrong with The Suffering: Ties that Bind or the various Silent Hill games. I also really enjoyed Left 4 Dead.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
It auto saves.

This is the closest image I could get from google since I do not own it any longer.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hbPpFJX5ROc/maxresdefault.jpg

I would explore that menu (reached via pressing the start button on your controller during game play) and see if you can find a way to manually save it (I don't think there is, but who knows, I haven't played it in a couple of years).

Old 12-17-2017, 07:18 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
The older GTAs (from PS2 and original Xbox) required you to go to a safe house to save the game, but GTA V saves automatically. The first time it saves for each session it should prompt you to answer if you want auto save turned on.
Enjoy, it’s a really fun game (the online/multiplayer game is s complete mess on old gen though).

Old 12-17-2017, 08:18 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
If you like GTA, I’d recommend Red Dead Redemption, also from Rockstar. It has an even better story and a sequel will be dropping for new consoles. I considered buying a PS3 just to play it again.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:57 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,998 times
As others have said, GTA V will auto-save. IIRC you have to get past the first race with Franklin. If you want to trigger a manual save, you go back to a safehouse and sleep on your bed.

For driving games, my favorites from that generation are Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club LA. GTA V also has a lot of racing side-missions in it. I'm not really a fan of more simulation type games like Forza.

For adventure games, Skyrim and Fallout are very good.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The older GTAs (from PS2 and original Xbox) required you to go to a safe house to save the game, but GTA V saves automatically.
How could I forget about that.. Years of playing GTA while swearing and saving.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:20 AM

3 posts, read 1,241 times
I think you should concern with customer service.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:05 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
cross your fingers you don't get the red ring of death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games