Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:26 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times

Advertisements

Hi gamers. I bought a Wii for my kids for xmas. I was told to get another controller and chuck (or whatever it's called). Is it possible to buy it used and if so, where do I do that?

I would like some game suggestions for my 5 year old girl, 8 year old girl and almost 14 year old boy (he LOVES skateboarding but I can't afford nor find the wii fit board). Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM

293 posts, read 893,229 times
Thumbs up Well

I am not sure if you can buy a used Wiimote and a nunchuck in any retail store. I just never encountered that kind of event, maybe you will get lucky.

Remember a wiimote and a nunchuck are sold separately, and there are certain games that requires a nunchuck to play

As for games for your children may enjoy

Mario Kart Wii (All you need is a Wiimote)
Super Mario Galaxy (Nunchuck required)
Wii Sports (certain games here need a nunchuck like Boxing! )
Zelda (Nunchuck required)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (All you need is a Wiimote)
Mario Party 8 (Only a Wiimote)
Warioware: Smooth Moves (Only a Wiimote)

As for the Skate Board Game
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (I haven't played it yet)

Old 10-19-2008, 03:31 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Check at Walmart. Ours has the wiimotes, nunchuks and everything. My wife said she thinks a new wiimote cost around $39. The Wii Sport that Mr Mysterious mentioned comes with the game package. We have 3 wiimotes and 3 numchuks. Plus we bought the battery charger so you don't have to keep buying batteries. But the batteries last quite a while in the wiimote.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games isn't bad. Your 14 and 8 might be able to work on this one. Before each event it tells you how to do what's needed. Some events need the nunchuk.

The Wii Play might be good for your 5 yr old. All it is is teaching you how to use the Wiimote. There are games to practice pointing and shooting, picking out people in a crowd, etc. Just need the wiimote for that one.

Wii Game Party has games like shuffleboard, Skeeball, Darts, Air Hockey, Hoop Shoot, and a trivia game. Little Sis could play some of these.

Mr. was right that Mario Party 8 is a good one. Some of the games take a little while to play but it's still fun.

Summer Sports has games like volleyball, basketball, H-O-R-S-E (basketball) croquet, miniature golf,, etc.

Your son might like the Fishing Frenzy. If you get it, check and make sure you get the game that has the attachments with it. It's the same price as just getting the game. It has a piece where you put the wiimote inside it and hook the nunchuck up to make a rod and reel. Then you boat around a lake catching fish. If he's not into fishing, I wouldn't worry about it.

I know there are a lot of other games they would like. There is a Barbie game (or two) and several he might enjoy. i was just going through the games my wife and I have bought for us to play. Who said you have to be a kid to play? lol Our 11 yr old grandson comes in and starts playing a game before he says hi! Hope you'll get in there and play some with them!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:49 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Hi gamers. I bought a Wii for my kids for xmas. I was told to get another controller and chuck (or whatever it's called). Is it possible to buy it used and if so, where do I do that?

I would like some game suggestions for my 5 year old girl, 8 year old girl and almost 14 year old boy (he LOVES skateboarding but I can't afford nor find the wii fit board). Thank you!!!
No more heroes and madworld for the youngsters I'd say.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:45 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
No more heroes and madworld for the youngsters I'd say.
Another good game is De Blob. I had the chance to play it a few weekends back at a friend's house. It's perfect for children. It's also great for adults whom are easily amused.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:10 AM

542 posts, read 1,684,349 times
I am also not aware of any place to find used equipment, but you can ask some of thsoe stores that buy back video games or look on ebay.

As for Wii Fit...keep checking walmart and Target..they do get them periodically.

For games...my daughter is 8 and son is 6 and we have:

Guitar Hero
Wii Sports
Mario Party 8
Carnival Games
Game Party
Mario and Sonic Olympic Games
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 1 and 2
Wii Fit
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Wii Play - we got this because it came in a bundle with a wiimote...but they hardly play this

Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukinjo View Post
I am also not aware of any place to find used equipment, but you can ask some of thsoe stores that buy back video games or look on ebay.
We bought our Wii at Game Stop. Went to Best Buy and they said they were so far behind because the factory wasn't sending many out. We went to Game stop and they had several new ones. You can buy used equipment and games at Game Stop too.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:11 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
wow. I am just constantly amazed and in awe of how nice you guys here are. Thank you for answering the questions!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
wow. I am just constantly amazed and in awe of how nice you guys here are. Thank you for answering the questions!!!
I keep telling my wife how nice I am. I didn't know a person could laugh that long! lol

Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM

7 posts, read 17,265 times
The gamestops in my area almost always have used controllers and nunchucks.

Give your local one a call and see what they have in stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games