Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

Remember last week's story about Jason Johnson, the Illinois man who sued Microsoft over his Xbox 360's alleged habit of scratching his game DVDs?

Documents unsealed in his court case revealed Microsoft discovered its Xbox 360 could scratch discs before it went on sale in 2005, and even got as far as considering three possible solutions to the problem, the Seattle Tech Report revealed today.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 PM

371 posts, read 1,762,089 times
I did not buy a 360 because of this problem

I look at Microsoft as another Walmart.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:08 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,062,299 times
Bought a 360, only because of the options available best fit what was wanting to do... foolish/dumb is I

However, does not excuse such a company from taking such severe shortcuts in their design/engineering, to produce not just consoles but game packaging that has major flaws. They should take a trip to hades for such...

Xbox 360 technical problems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FOXNews.com - Limited-Edition 'Halo 3' Packages Scratch Game Disks - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Old 12-20-2008, 02:09 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,101 times
I guess it's actually not a good idea to outsource engineering to India or import cheap labor using the H-1B visa. I hope Microsoft is forced to pay out their disk drives.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:54 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Huh. I have the Halo 3 360 and I've yet to see a scratched disk. It all depends on what you DO with the console. If you move it while it's running, then yes, you're going to scratch your disk. I have it vertical almost all the time, and have yet to see a scratched disk.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,248 times
Default Crisis averted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
I guess it's actually not a good idea to outsource engineering to India or import cheap labor using the H-1B visa. I hope Microsoft is forced to pay out their disk drives.
I just got my 360 back from Microsoft as it recently Red Ring of Death’ed on me and I believe that they may have also replaced the disc drive. The tray that holds the disc is now much more open looking than it used to be. I’m certain that Microsoft gave me my old unit back because it still has some residual scotch tape where I attached my case number. Also, the serial number is still the same as the unit I sent in for repair.

For the record, my 360 never scratched my copy of Halo 3 or any of my other games.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:41 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,062,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Huh. I have the Halo 3 360 and I've yet to see a scratched disk. It all depends on what you DO with the console. If you move it while it's running, then yes, you're going to scratch your disk. I have it vertical almost all the time, and have yet to see a scratched disk.
Yea, there is actually two different issues of scratching the Halo 3 disks: one by the package itself, during shipping/mailing/juggling ,,, the other via the 360 console itself, as you are referring to. Mine came scratched because of the disc coming loose in the Collectors [Limited] Edition box, where the nub then scratches the disc - yet another bone-headed move to save less than a dollar for each package... Sent it back this morning, ordered another one [thanks newegg] to replace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games