Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times

Advertisements

My wife last night brought up an interesting challenge to me: To reorganize our games from A-Z, and play each and every single one of them in alphabetical order.

Now, the interesting part of this challenge is that I have games all the way from the NES to the current generation. I cannot skip a single one, unless the game is broken and there for collection reasonings (Like my copy of Soul Blade), or the console is lended out (like the case for my Wii.) Even games in my collection that I dislike, such as Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, or Resident Evil: Outbreak, I cannot skip.

So, I challenge my fellow gamers to do this as well. To see how long this will take you, what games you start with and what games you end with.

Myself, I'm going to start with Armored Core 2. And I will end with Way of the Samurai 2.

Let the challenge begin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Won't work for me - once I play a game and finish a game I very very rarely go back to it. I sell it back or trade it in. Too many other games out there and life is too short to replay a game.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
My wife last night brought up an interesting challenge to me: To reorganize our games from A-Z, and play each and every single one of them in alphabetical order.

Let the challenge begin!
Meh...waste of gaming time. I don't play games a second time.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 PM

371 posts, read 1,761,909 times
Well, thats easy, I only have 4.

GRAW 2
Lair
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Valkyria Chronicles

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameHog9 View Post
Well, thats easy, I only have 4.

GRAW 2
Lair
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Valkyria Chronicles
Cheater.

And I personally love replaying through games that I liked. I'm not looking forward to replaying a few of them that I only have for collection's sake, but I see nothing wrong with replaying a good game.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,092,281 times
Quote:
Myself, I'm going to start with Armored Core 2. And I will end with Way of the Samurai 2.

Let the challenge begin!
I LOVE Armored Core 2! How about you just play through the arena?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I LOVE Armored Core 2! How about you just play through the arena?

Kuharai deemed I must do both the arena and the story.

I am not looking forward to the final few levels of that game.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Meh...waste of gaming time. I don't play games a second time.
If I despise a game, I generally will get rid of it. If I like a game, I will keep it simply because one day I'll just get up and say, "I feel like playing ~" and can just reach over to the wall, grab the game, pop it in, and play away.

I get in my moods.

Quote:
Kuharai deemed I must do both the arena and the story.

I am not looking forward to the final few levels of that game.
Don't forget that games that have under five endings - you must attain all five. If the game has more than five, you only need to get five endings to move on.

However, Langlen also forgot to mention that for replays, he's a speed gamer... but it should still take him over a year to get through our combined collection.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 PM

905 posts, read 2,401,520 times
Does that mean you wouldn't play the New Game+ on Chrono Trigger, because you already beat it once??

Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 AM

154 posts, read 187,490 times
Quote:
Even games in my collection that I dislike, such as Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, or Resident Evil: Outbreak, I cannot skip.
Dislike Ocarina of Time? That is blasphemy to some people!
I currently have 18 Playstation 3 games, even without my other systems being taken into account doing this would take months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games