Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 13,814 times

Advertisements

i got a speeding ticket 83 in 65 zone. my court date is tomorrow at 1:30pm. i live in richmond , court is in new kent county. i have no tickets in last 10 years (when i was 16). its considered wreckless , anything over 80 is. however the officer was VERY VERY nice & also checked the box so i could pay without going to court! the ONLY thing im real worried about is losing my license. do you think they would do that? i know new kent cant be tough! would you just go up there & pay the fines are leaves (a little early of course, around 12:30)? or would u go to court to try & get it reduced? i am thinking of not going to court because i DO NOT and CANNOT afford to get my license suspended , not even for 15 days ! also , does anybody know what the fine would be for 83 in 65? thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 PM

6 posts, read 13,814 times
im still around & will be for 2 more hours if anybody could help thanks!

Old 06-27-2007, 03:34 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Sorry I'm late, but if the trooper didn't cite you for reckless, then you haven't been charged with it. I got hit for 77 in a 55 a few years back, and only had to pay the fine. There is a seperate statute for reckless driving. About the fine, the county will set its own court cost, but you'll be hit for five bucks per mph, plus the fifty bucks for admin fee.
I'd just pay the fine and stay the hell out of the courthouse.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 AM

8 posts, read 23,879 times
Go on line and look. Search for VA Courts. You should be listed.....along with your charges and fine.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 PM

414 posts, read 2,280,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees23 View Post
i got a speeding ticket 83 in 65 zone. my court date is tomorrow at 1:30pm. i live in richmond , court is in new kent county. i have no tickets in last 10 years (when i was 16). its considered wreckless , anything over 80 is. however the officer was VERY VERY nice & also checked the box so i could pay without going to court! the ONLY thing im real worried about is losing my license. do you think they would do that? i know new kent cant be tough! would you just go up there & pay the fines are leaves (a little early of course, around 12:30)? or would u go to court to try & get it reduced? i am thinking of not going to court because i DO NOT and CANNOT afford to get my license suspended , not even for 15 days ! also , does anybody know what the fine would be for 83 in 65? thanks !!
Crying to the judge/magistrate always helps!!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Location: Arlington, VA, WAY too close to the artificial urgency that is DC
3 posts, read 8,185 times
No sympathy from here. 83 in a 65 zone, what were you thinking? Are you a graduate of the Corzine School of Driving that teaches your time is more important than the lives of the others on the road.

It is my proposal that the fines for all moving violations be based on an equation that makes the fine proportional to the weight of the vehicle and the speed of travel. An 18 wheeler cited for speeding at 80 mph should pay, say, a 10,000 dollar fine, in fact, in that case, the driver should be hauled off to the can. Bigger vehicles are more dangerous to others in a crash, and the faster you go, the more dangerous you are. Do ypou like paying $3.00/gal for gas? The faster you drive, the more fuel you use you are also contributing to Al Quida’s cause. Osama Bin Laden and his cronies must laugh heartily when they read about the impatient drivers and road ragers that populate the seat of the US government.

You could very easily have avoided this whole mess by observing the speed limit. Have you learned anything at all?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 11,865 times
Wow cullisongs is insane, what on earth are you talking about you strange deluded person. Al Qaeda, I guess thats who you were talking about? Why on earth would they be reading speeding violations. 10,000 dollar fine? What equation would that be based on, are you George Bush? You realise that speeding fines constatute 35% of the funding recieved by the highway patrol, so on your crazy thinking, that would mean speeding is actually protecting the country from Al Qaeda. Perhaps you should apply for government it seams your theories are up their with the best.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:45 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,382 times
Talking Weirdo!!

LMAO! Sorry I know this is off the original topic of the thread but WOW. People amaze me!! 83 in a 65 really and truely... I mean its bad but.. I see people going way faster than that on I-81. On I-81 you have to go over the speed limit so you wont get crushed by the big rig coming up behind you. I try to limit myself to 75 on I-81 still 10 over but I some sometimes go higher and yes I have been 80. Cullisongs you must of never been on I-81 have you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullisongs View Post
No sympathy from here. 83 in a 65 zone, what were you thinking? Are you a graduate of the Corzine School of Driving that teaches your time is more important than the lives of the others on the road.

It is my proposal that the fines for all moving violations be based on an equation that makes the fine proportional to the weight of the vehicle and the speed of travel. An 18 wheeler cited for speeding at 80 mph should pay, say, a 10,000 dollar fine, in fact, in that case, the driver should be hauled off to the can. Bigger vehicles are more dangerous to others in a crash, and the faster you go, the more dangerous you are. Do ypou like paying $3.00/gal for gas? The faster you drive, the more fuel you use you are also contributing to Al Quida’s cause. Osama Bin Laden and his cronies must laugh heartily when they read about the impatient drivers and road ragers that populate the seat of the US government.

You could very easily have avoided this whole mess by observing the speed limit. Have you learned anything at all?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
After I got popped for 77 in 65 on I81 (right place/wrong time but I was wrong! ) a year or two ago, I now set the cruise control on +5 for my entire time I drive through VA.

I'm pretty much getting buried by all but a few cars out there. Oh yeah, the truckers hate running up behind me too!

I almost feel like I should be driving on the shoulder since I'm getting run over in the slow lane!

Last edited by Stripes17; 02-01-2008 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia