Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:47 AM

600 posts, read 660,115 times

Advertisements

honestly, I'm unhappy with both candidates but will pick McAuliffe (even though he comes across like a used car salesman) over Cuccinelli in a heart beat!

mostly because Cuccinelli is so conservative and also covered in scandal...

who are you leaning towards and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
honestly, I'm unhappy with both candidates but will pick McAuliffe (even though he comes across like a used car salesman) over Cuccinelli in a heart beat!

You do know there is a third candidate, correct? Why would you ever vote for someone you were unhappy with?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post

Do you know McAuliffe is also under federal scrutiny as well?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM

419 posts, read 902,782 times
Sleazy crook or dogmatic pawn of extreme interests- poor choices indeed.
I will vote for myself.
I am fiscally conservative and socially open and liberal. I think most of usfall into that spectrum. I want the lowest taxes spent to provide servicesnecessary for running our state with no transfer of wealth. I want the leastamount of government involvement in our personal lives. Marriage, procreation,religion, and lifestyle are not subjects for the government interfere withunless there is direct and immediate threat to another citizen.
Vote for me

Last edited by gregir; 09-10-2013 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: x

Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregir View Post
Sleazy crook or dogmatic pawn of extreme interests- poor choices indeed.
I will vote for myself.
I am fiscally conservative and socially open and liberal. I think most of usfall into that spectrum. I want the lowest taxes spent to provide servicesnecessary for running our state with no transfer of wealth. I want the leastamount of government involvement in our personal lives. Marriage, procreation,religion, and lifestyle are not subjects for the government interfere withunless there is direct and immediate threat to another citizen.
Vote for me
Vote for you? Why not vote for Robert Sarvis (an actual candidate for VA governor)? His platform directly reflects your views.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,062,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Vote for you? Why not vote for Robert Sarvis (an actual candidate for VA governor)? His platform directly reflects your views.
Not real excited about vouchers, but I like some other things about Sarvis. He is definitely worth considering in the mix...

Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 AM

95 posts, read 189,279 times
Wife, and I moved/retired here to Virginia 9 years ago, to get away from a state, (Ca.) that was headed fast to bankruptcy, both morally, and fiscally. To be honest, I am not overly enamored with Cuccuinelli, however, I would ask you to really THINK, and RESEARCH the alternative.
Fast Terry – Full Movie | Fast Terry

Old 09-10-2013, 03:56 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
The race appears to be a battle between the frying pan and the skillett, with that said I will probally look at the 3rd party person as the time gets closer. For now listening to it is one big headache. I would be happier if we got state representitives who are ready to do the job at hand and not try and push their own moral agenda.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You do know there is a third candidate, correct? Why would you ever vote for someone you were unhappy with?
because you essentially waste your vote on someone who has no chance to win.

I'm surprised that you're shocked, most of my votes have been cast for the better of the candidates (or least worse), not someone I have complete confidence in.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Do you know McAuliffe is also under federal scrutiny as well?
not nearly as bad as Cucinelli. a private business deal is different from scandal in office...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia