Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 09:21 AM

107 posts, read 121,924 times

Advertisements

FINALLY. Please please actually enforce this and give these idiots a clue. I've driven in many states and IMO VA is the worst about this easily. Unfortunately VA screwed up again though....$250 mandatory? Sounds great to me, but it only means it will be enforced less IMO. And even I admit that sounds harsh for a first-time offender.

House approves fine for Virginia's left-lane dawdlers | Crime/Courts | fredericksburg.com

PS gotta love this:
Quote:
Under current Virginia law, driving in the left lane is illegal except when passing or when it is deemed “otherwise impractical,” but there is no fine for failing to obey the law.
lol @ a law with no penalty for breaking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 11:23 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
It's not a law yet. It made it through the House of Delegates.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Slow left lane drivers on I-66 are the worst. But $250 is excessive as far as the fine goes IMO.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5 View Post
FINALLY. Please please actually enforce this and give these idiots a clue. I've driven in many states and IMO VA is the worst about this easily. Unfortunately VA screwed up again though....$250 mandatory? Sounds great to me, but it only means it will be enforced less IMO. And even I admit that sounds harsh for a first-time offender.

House approves fine for Virginia's left-lane dawdlers | Crime/Courts | fredericksburg.com

PS gotta love this: lol @ a law with no penalty for breaking it.
LOL. You've never driven in MD have you? Or even Mass.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM

857 posts, read 844,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post

Haven't driven in Mass., but x10 on MD drivers, whether they are driving in MD or VA or some other state. Hawaii (main island) is pretty bad as well.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:06 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Haven't driven in Mass., but x10 on MD drivers, whether they are driving in MD or VA or some other state. Hawaii (main island) is pretty bad as well.

I travel on I 81 daily going to work then home. When I decide not to do back roads to avoid the interstate. The left lane is blocked more by MD drivers and I'm in VA. You'd think you'd see more VA drivers since we're in the majority. But truth be told, happens in every state.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,423,521 times
Quote:
Where in MA have you seen people going under 70 in the left lane of a 55 or under 80+ in a 65? 128 is like a drag strip, 93 just doesn't move and 95/495 is like a land speed test in progress. Once you pass Worcester on the pike it doesn't even matter how fast you go as long as you stay out of the left and let the staties pass you, your good. I've never seen drivers as slow in the left in my life until I moved to VA. The biggest difference is in MA people drive fast, in VA they drive fast but erratically. I'm 100% for this law, get the hell out of the way, slow causes more accidents than the people speeding unfortunately.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
I drive in Mass almost every day. The worst left lane dawdlers around here are not from Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Maine. The worst left lane hogs are the people who are from Connecticut. They will plant themselves in the left lane and never move over for any local traffic that wants to pass them. The CT drivers are so bad I wish we could entirely ban them from coming up to the Boston area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: