Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times

Advertisements

I took the new Intercounty Connector bus service (bus 201)from Gaithersburg to BWI airport. It just started 2 months ago. A one way ticket is only 5 dollars-it leaves from the Gaithersburg park and ride, Shady Grove Metro, Burtonsville and Norbeck to BWI airport (and offers service from BWI back to all these stops). The bus is a luxury coach bus and its a lot better than what I had to do before-take the Ride on bus to Shady Grove metro, then take the metro all the way to Greenbelt metro and then take another bus from Greenbelt to BWI airport. I only only saw a few people on-board-I am guessing since it's new a lot of people are not aware of it. I just want to let other people know so they can utilize the new bus if they wish. The bus service starts at 4am and goes until about 11pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Hey, I saw that bus yesterday on my way home. The first thing I noticed was that it said Gaithersburg on the front sign. The next was the Intercounty Connector advertisement on the side. I was curious about it as I had never seen it before. Sounds like it's a good option.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
[quote=phoenixmike11;19234406] A one way ticket is only 5 dollars-it leaves from the Gaithersburg park and ride, Shady Grove Metro, Burtonsville and Norbeck to BWI airport (and offers service from BWI back to all these stops).

Great! There should have been decent service to BWI years ago. I took the service to Greenbelt years ago, and it was basic Metrobus.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 AM

Here is a link to the Airport bus internet page
ICC Intercounty Connector Bus - Route 201 Gaithersburg to BWI Airport (http://www.mtaiccbus.com/route201.html - broken link)

Old 05-21-2011, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 83,234 times
Many thanks for sharing. This is awesome!

Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 AM

You are welcome wells1999-tell your friends about the bus too- you know I just realized that since the bus goes not just to the airport but the BWI Marc station (where there is a shuttle to Baltimore light rail-which goes to camden yards)I can take the bus to the marc station and take the light rail to see the Baltimore Orioles (or Ravens) games without having to drive to Baltimore. It's will take longer than driving but I will not have to deal with parking downtown.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:56 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmike11 View Post
You are welcome wells1999-tell your friends about the bus too- you know I just realized that since the bus goes not just to the airport but the BWI Marc station (where there is a shuttle to Baltimore light rail-which goes to camden yards)I can take the bus to the marc station and take the light rail to see the Baltimore Orioles (or Ravens) games without having to drive to Baltimore. It's will take longer than driving but I will not have to deal with parking downtown.
if going to see the orioles then you wont even need the MARC as light rail from BWI will go directly to camden yards

Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 AM

370 posts, read 1,564,762 times
I am flying into BWI with an ultimate destination of Twinbrook Metro. Seems like I have several options and now there's this new bus, too!?? DO they store a suitcase under the bus or will I have to drag it down the aisle? Once I get to Shady Grove how far is the METRO station from the stop? Also, can anyone be more specific about where the bus stops at BWI? Thanks for any help or suggestions..

Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 AM

13,728 posts, read 15,760,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse613 View Post
I am flying into BWI with an ultimate destination of Twinbrook Metro. Seems like I have several options and now there's this new bus, too!?? DO they store a suitcase under the bus or will I have to drag it down the aisle? Once I get to Shady Grove how far is the METRO station from the stop? Also, can anyone be more specific about where the bus stops at BWI? Thanks for any help or suggestions..
The BWI stop is right outside the international terminal at the end of the airport. They put your bag under the bus. Have exact change of $5 for your fair. The bus let's you off in front of the parking garage at shady grove metro station by the bus terminals.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
At Shady Grove you get off the bus right near the entrance to the station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland