Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 AM

3 posts, read 9,689 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to buy a new construction single family home in Maryland sometime early 2012. We want something starting under $500,000 and less than 25 miles from White Oak. We have found two builders that have models we like at prices we can afford and they are offering enticing incentives. Both are in the Bowie/Upper Marlboro area. We would like to know if anyone has any insight into Mid-Atlantic Builders and K. Hovnanian homes. We would like to hear about their quality, reputation, service practices. Also, any information on Bowie/Upper Marlboro near church road and enterprise road would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rodney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarner View Post
We would like to know if anyone has any insight into Mid-Atlantic Builders and K. Hovnanian homes.
I have watched Hovnanian build in Baltimore County. I don't care for their use of immigrant labor and cheap-looking components. They squeeze big houses together on the smallest possible lots.

However, they may be no worse that any other big builder, and I have no experience with Mid-Atlantic. I would try to talk to some homeowners in person in their communities.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I have no experience with Mid-Atlantic.
Corrections: I looked at Mid-Atlantic's web site, and they appear to build a better-quality home and offer customization. The Hovnanian commuity in Bowie has 1/2 acre lots, so they shouldn't be crowded together.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM

3 posts, read 9,689 times
thanks for the info

Old 12-03-2011, 06:51 AM

52 posts, read 150,707 times
I've considered buying a K Hovnanian home. I agree with the prior commenter. Their construction appeared to be cheap to me; not well built. I have no experience with Mid-Atlantic.
I was very impressed with properties I saw built by EYA (townhomes, however). They're a little pricey though.
I was also very impressed with the homes built at the Maple Lawn development in Howard County. Again, a little pricey. Can't remember the specific builders, but I am sure that you can look those builders up by searching Maple Lawn and Howard County.

Last edited by Smiley32699; 12-03-2011 at 07:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland