Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,085 times

Advertisements

I just recently moved here to Waldorf MD from Charleston, SC...I really like the area so far...I just took a job in the Friendship Heights area, I've decided on taking the metro, I feel thats a smart move....my questions are, are there any possible quicker ways for me to get to Branch Ave metro from Waldorf I live off Billingsley right nearthe mall...I have to be at work at 9 so im also trying to figure out timing as well...also how is parking at branch ave, should I reserve a parking spot or should I be fine, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 06:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,446,632 times
Branch Ave is the only reasonable way. You should be fine parking wise at the station. Why did you move to Waldorf when you work in Friendship Heights? Even with Metro you're looking at a 1 1/2 minimum door to door.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:54 PM

I didn't really have a choice....my boyfriend is military, and cost of living in waldorf just seemed more reasonable...being I'm not the one paying rent...my transit time in Charleston was normally driving so 30 min extra is whatever...I'm more concerned about parking at branch ave...I plan to be there at 7:45 in the morning...should I be fine or should I buy reserved parking?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Sorry I didnt see the part about parking thanks for your help.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,260,446 times
It's going to be tough. I used to do a similar commute. My commute took 1.5, sometimes 2 hours depending on traffic. Plus you are going to have to switch lines. I hope you have a lot of energy in the morning. You'll be able to find parking, the earlier you get there the closer it will be to the entrance and branch ave's parking lot does get pretty full.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,090,788 times
For your information: Commuter Connections

http://mta.maryland/gov/commuterbus

Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,004,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
I thought about suggesting this but the only problem with this is it won't save the OP time, it will just lower the stress on a tough commute. Although not having to drive most of the way seems ideal, it is still not going to save time.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the help...I did the drive to the metro station this morning, I left at 7 and got to the station at 7:35...so that wasnt to bad...normally driving to work in charleston to about a hour and a half...taking the metro I'm not concerned about I know it about a 40 min commuit, but thats 40 minutes less sitting in stop and go traffic and easier on the gas tank...I thought about just getting a monthly parking pass down in DC, but I figured I'd kill myself by the time I got to work, dealing with the traffic...plus adding gas with the monthly pass I'd be spending more...but thanks for everything.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:12 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,004,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesup1011 View Post
Thanks for the help...I did the drive to the metro station this morning, I left at 7 and got to the station at 7:35...so that wasnt to bad...normally driving to work in charleston to about a hour and a half...taking the metro I'm not concerned about I know it about a 40 min commuit, but thats 40 minutes less sitting in stop and go traffic and easier on the gas tank...I thought about just getting a monthly parking pass down in DC, but I figured I'd kill myself by the time I got to work, dealing with the traffic...plus adding gas with the monthly pass I'd be spending more...but thanks for everything.
Wait until kids go back to school and people are off vacation in September. You will get a better feel for the commute.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,907,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Wait until kids go back to school and people are off vacation in September. You will get a better feel for the commute.

Did you have to raise that point? I hate school buses, the fact people are no longer on summer vacation and students take up all the parking around Foggy Bottom/GWU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland