Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times

Advertisements

Say what you will, step right up, hope you brought your soapboxes.

Have you ever looked at the other state forums compared to this one? It's pretty sad... such negatism. I vowed to make a list, 100 reasons why I want to move, and depending on that list and how fast or tanigbly it grows, plan my next move based off of that a year from now.

Reason number #1 why I will not stay in PG County

I was coming home late last night when a band of african american hoodlums jumped out at my car while I was driving down the road. It was past 9pm, so it was dark, they were dark and not very visible. They were only doing it to freak the drivers out, (all getting a good laugh out of it) I saw 2 or 3 behind me swerve, lose control and run off the side of the road. I wonder what would have happened had I hit one of them. Maybe they would stop walking the streets at night harrassing random people.

Was this my top list first entry for not wanting to be here? no... it was the shirt he was wearing when he tried to fake a belly flop at my front windshield that was so hard to avoid reading.

"I see white people"

Puts the Sixth Sense into an entirely new light, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Peace Out!!!

I hope that you find a comfortable place for you and yours to live. Good luck!

Old 12-19-2007, 04:34 PM

44 posts, read 54,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post

Have you ever looked at the other state forums compared to this one? It's pretty sad... such negatism. I vowed to make a list, 100 reasons why I want to move, and depending on that list and how fast or tanigbly it grows, plan my next move based off of that a year from now.

I was coming home late last night when a band of african american hoodlums jumped out at my car while I was driving down the road. It was past 9pm, so it was dark, they were dark and not very visible. They were only doing it to freak the drivers out, (all getting a good laugh out of it) I saw 2 or 3 behind me swerve, lose control and run off the side of the road. I wonder what would have happened had I hit one of them. Maybe they would stop walking the streets at night harrassing random people.

Was this my top list first entry for not wanting to be here? no... it was the shirt he was wearing when he tried to fake a belly flop at my front windshield that was so hard to avoid reading.

"I see white people"

Damn, I'm new here but your message seem racist.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:41 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,555,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcdiva85 View Post
Damn, I'm new here but your message seem racist.
I thought the same thing. Its funny that I didn't hear on the news anything about those 2 or 3 vehicles running off the road last night all in the same spot. Seems to me that woulda been news worthy.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 PM

57 posts, read 297,553 times
Default why stop with the county?

Heck, why stop with just the county? Might as well leave the entire state. Try vermont or iowa or new hampshire. You'll find just what you're looking for, I'm sure.

Seriously. I;m not sure what is weirder: the scene that you describe or you hyperbolic reaction to it. Leave the county! (seems like overkill, but if it makes you feel better, go for it) I;m not sure why you feel like you needed to post that you want to leave. Seems odd. Just do it.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,719 times
Quote:

"I see white people"

put your lights on?

any race of teenagers could do this. I don't see the point in needing to say they were African American.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:15 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
put your lights on?

any race of teenagers could do this. I don't see the point in needing to say they were African American.
Lol, my lights were on, thanks.. and what sense does it make for a white person to wear a shirt saying "I see white people" ? The entire reason I pointed out that they were African American, was to give you the full picture here on what happened. Anyone else would get shot or stabbed just for walking out of the house wearing an "I see black people" shirt. It's a good way to lose your face (or your tags). Or countered with a lawsuit as a hatecrime. And yes, I'm surprised it wasn't in the news either.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 AM

350 posts, read 1,646,329 times
I'm going to get a shirt that says "I see white people". Haha, that would be pretty funny, since I am white.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:10 PM

135 posts, read 606,080 times
My shirt says I SEE WHITE WOMEN

Smack'em yack'em

Old 12-20-2007, 05:20 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:

"I see white people"

um, this is not only a PG county or black thing. Do you know how many times i've seen the exact same thing happen? Just to let you know, i've seen hispanic, white, and foreign kids do this crap and I live in Alexandria. Also, I'm an AA and know plenty of well-to-do AA's who live in PG.

If you want to move why stop with PG county? I think the whole DC area is nothing but a rusty toilet filled with illegals, thugs, horrid drivers, and yuppies. So if you think that moving from PG to Montgomery or Fairfax is going to solve your problems i expect to see another post entitled "Why I want to leave Montgomery or Fairfax County"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland