Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 11:05 AM

206 posts, read 210,004 times

Advertisements

It's hard to imagine that a "quality business" is already negotiating for the soon to be vacated REI space in Hollywood, unless that tenant is MOM's, which has been in the shopping center for the past 15 years. MOM's would have a much larger space to operate in and better compete with the coming Whole Foods grocery opening 3 miles to the south. The shopping center owner would continue to have a destination store for his anchor store. While REI will be missed, this result would be a win for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 12:20 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Nice. Can't wait for it to open. I think this was funny and sad at the same time. lol

College Park is the Frankenstein of college towns waiting on that jolt of energy to come alive. lol

It's why my nephew and some of his friends didn't go and went to U of Georgia instead.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:15 PM

39 posts, read 49,688 times
Default Seem kinda dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It's why my nephew and some of his friends didn't go and went to U of Georgia instead.

Umd is 9th US smartest public universities . Georgia is 36th.

The 105 smartest public colleges in America - Business Insider

Average per capita income of College Park is more than double Athens Ga. Violent crime and property crime of Athens Ga is almost double of College Park.

Pretty dumb .

Old 01-05-2017, 07:05 AM

282 posts, read 322,558 times
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc..._dD_wY.twitter

Old 01-06-2017, 11:51 AM

206 posts, read 210,004 times
The city has recently made public a new business update.

http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/develop...t_12_29_16.pdf

In addition Chic-fil-a is actively pursuing a restaurant on Route 1 in the mid-town area.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:05 PM

220 posts, read 184,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcprtc View Post
The city has recently made public a new business update.

http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/develop...t_12_29_16.pdf

In addition Chic-fil-a is actively pursuing a restaurant on Route 1 in the mid-town area.
Thanks for this! I was wondering, will College Park government still provide status updates on various developments? Something like this for updates on the Hotel, Cambria Hotel, etc.? That was very informative but I cannot find a recent update on all the in-progress developments.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:33 PM

282 posts, read 322,558 times
Was in college park last week. Still has no feel, no vibe whatsoever. I think this is the greatest challenge in the Greater College Park initiative. Plus there is very little 'Maryland' out and about for a college town. I'd imagine in most college towns if you are dropped in the middle you would quickly look around and know what college you were in. Whether it be signage, decorations, store names, etc. Not CP - you see a target express, blaze pizza, Nandos, etc. No longer have Ratsies or the book exchange. There is no cohesiveness to the downtown core and given the piecemeal developments, probably won't be. Just a thought.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:38 PM

20 posts, read 33,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terp80 View Post
Thanks for this! I was wondering, will College Park government still provide status updates on various developments? Something like this for updates on the Hotel, Cambria Hotel, etc.? That was very informative but I cannot find a recent update on all the in-progress developments.
A few months back the new economic development coordinator posted here and said he was working on a new development update. I think it came out last fall. Anyway, you can email him about status updates for specific projects, I'm sure he will reply.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:14 PM

220 posts, read 184,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavensbee View Post
A few months back the new economic development coordinator posted here and said he was working on a new development update. I think it came out last fall. Anyway, you can email him about status updates for specific projects, I'm sure he will reply.
I don't have any specific questions to e-mail him about, I just enjoyed reading monthly updates on developments in College Park and now they aren't available and wanted to know when they will be released. You mentioned last fall, so maybe they will do it quarterly now? Would be nice if that guy could post here again.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:08 AM

3 posts, read 7,297 times
Update on the Pizza Authetica location that closed under the University View. Cushman & Wakefield has a letter of intent with ANOTHER pizza place. Apparently it a well-known establishment. Now there will be this, Paisano's, Slices, Pizza Mart, Pizza Kingdom, Pizza Boli's, Blaze, Ledo's, Dominoes and the new one coming in at the Hotel.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland