Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,872 times

Advertisements

Kids are selling guns in Montgomery county schools.

washingtonpost.com

If the link does not work copy and paste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 PM

196 posts, read 796,095 times
What are the prices? lol

Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Default Most expensive in Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutgarden View Post
What are the prices? lol
Probably as expensive as Howard and of much higher quality then in some of the more crime ridden counties in the state. Since it is Montgomery you know it is of more value and quality then you could get elsewhere.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 AM

350 posts, read 1,646,329 times
Amazing.
I like this wording-
School officials said it was the first instance they could recall of a loaded weapon finding its way onto a Montgomery County campus.

Like the gun got to school by itself! Oops, silly gun.

At least it wasn't used against someone. How stupid are those kids, to go to look at it in a bathroom, where there are video cameras outside of??? Not to mention bringing it in the first place.
Yet another shining example of problems in Maryland schools.
The denial is incredible to me. They don't want metal detectors because they don't want the kids to feel like they need security to feel safe, yet they admit that there MAY be a gang presence at the school. HELLO??? When are we going to start being proactive about young kids getting into gangs??? It's a huge problem. The boy who was stabbed in front of Parkdale was in a gang, and he was 15.
Ok, sorry for going off on a tangent. Stuff like this at schools really bothers me.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM

196 posts, read 796,095 times
jessy, my flippant response notwithstanding, I wholly agree with your concern about gangs. They are starting to be a problem in the Germantown area, Baltimore is thick with them, and it will only get worse unless we get the head cheeses in government to get serious about stamping them out. It CAN be done, it just takes guts, perserverance, and a deaf ear to the naysayers to make it happen.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Probably as expensive as Howard and of much higher quality then in some of the more crime ridden counties in the state. Since it is Montgomery you know it is of more value and quality then you could get elsewhere.
Well gee it couldn't be anymore crime ridden than Northern Virginia especially Alexandria, Springfield, Fairfax, and Woodbridge...........

Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
jessy, my flippant response notwithstanding, I wholly agree with your concern about gangs. They are starting to be a problem in the Germantown area, Baltimore is thick with them, and it will only get worse unless we get the head cheeses in government to get serious about stamping them out. It CAN be done, it just takes guts, perserverance, and a deaf ear to the naysayers to make it happen.
In order to make that happen is for Voters in Montgomery County and other parts of Maryland to Stop Voting for Selfish Screw up Lawmakers like Martin O'Malley and those silly Politicians that serve the Montgomery County/PG County Council Board............

Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,516 times
Quote:
I wholly agree with your concern about gangs. They are starting to be a problem in the Germantown area, Baltimore is thick with them, and it will only get worse unless we get the head cheeses in government to get serious about stamping them out. It CAN be done, it just takes guts, perserverance, and a deaf ear to the naysayers to make it happen.
I couldn't agree more. Personally, I've always thought gangs were the bigger problem, when compared to our singular focus on terrorism. The gang issue affects so many of our communities on a daily basis, and has become widespread.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 PM

703 posts, read 2,942,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
I couldn't agree more. Personally, I've always thought gangs were the bigger problem, when compared to our singular focus on terrorism. The gang issue affects so many of our communities on a daily basis, and has become widespread.

I think the local govt should focus more on getting rid of gangs than wasting their time with the illegal immigrants issue. At least with the illegal immigrants, they're here to work!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
I think the local govt should focus more on getting rid of gangs than wasting their time with the illegal immigrants issue. At least with the illegal immigrants, they're here to work!
Tell that to the Lawmakers in Prince William Couny, VA thats cracking down on Illegal Immigrants.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland