Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 05:29 AM

39 posts, read 114,953 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. Can you give me some general feedback to this area and schools? I'm taking a job by the Tenleytown metro (red line, DC) and considering making an offer on a split level detached SFH in the English Manor subdivision of Rockville (about an 11-min drive to Twinbrook metro, shorter to Glenmont metro but don't need that end of the red line). Most of the houses are brick and vinyl exteriors, built around 1960 or so, 3+ bedrooms and basements. Earle Wood middle school, Rockville high school. The community is between Arctic Ave and Georgia Ave, and between Aspen Hill Rd and Bel Pre Rd. I really like this place -- seems like a nice & stable, quiet residential community that I can just about afford -- about $400K (I've looked closer into center of Rockville/N. Bethesda (issue, cost) and further out -- Derwood, Gaithersburg, etc (issue, distance). Obviously there are tradeoffs for everything, and realize I could be in a somewhat trendier area with better immediate access to restaurants, possibly somewhat better schools (though I'm single w/ no kids so not a big concern now but hope to have a family and want decent schools also for resale) -- but this seems like a good compromise for me. Any feedback you can provide on this area very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland