Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if I am missing anything that is currently going up in Silver Spring. Several new towers have recently been constructed, but there are several more going up right now.

19 story office tower at the city place mall

14 story residential tower 8711 Georgia Ave

20 story residential tower 8240 Georgia Ave

16 story residential tower 8621 Georgia Ave

14 and 18 story residential towers (first phase of Blairs development)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 08:56 PM

662 posts, read 783,513 times
Wow that's a lot

Old 06-18-2016, 09:58 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,689,433 times
This is by far the best/most accurate map I've come across: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...NM6dLXoo&msa=0

I'd point out what you're missing (and what you've included that actually has been shelved), but the link does that with great detail.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
This is by far the best/most accurate map I've come across: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...NM6dLXoo&msa=0

I'd point out what you're missing (and what you've included that actually has been shelved), but the link does that with great detail.
Thanks. That's a great map with a lot of info. I'm guessing the office tower has been shelved? I have not seen any activity there. All the others I think are UC.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:34 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,689,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Thanks. That's a great map with a lot of info. I'm guessing the office tower has been shelved? I have not seen any activity there. All the others I think are UC.
Yeah, the City Place/Ellsworth Place tower is shelved. They've said it won't proceed until they have a major tenant lined up which they don't seem to be actively focusing on, currently. Maybe after the mall renovations finish they'll start actively seeking out an office tenant or 3.

The new UniTher office building a block over is about to begin demo/construction, though, as they've spent the last week constructing a pedestrian cover along Colesville and have most all permits in hand.

Personally, I think the Studio Plaza building is the most important project that should soon have shovels in the ground. It takes up effectively an entire block that's currently just surface parking lots and weeds. It'd be a huge boon to all the small businesses in Fenton Village to have those lots turn from rundown to 1000 new residents and green space.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Not a tall building, but a nice replacement of what is now a deteriorating parking garage.

United Therapeutics office building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
View detailed profiles of: