Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,716,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Closest supercenter walmart is in manassas va, even though its not close that is still a DC suburb in most people eyes.
It is one in Glenn Burnie, MD too. Right by the BWI airport off 97
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,153,177 times
Shake Shack - I know there's one coming in Dupont but I'm putting it on the list anyway.
In and Out
White Castle, the closest one is I think in Baltimore, and I'm not driving for an hour to get to one.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,717,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL7186 View Post
WAWA. hands down. no question. they need them IN the city, IN arlington, etc.; the closest one is about 10 miles outside the city...aside from that you gotta go to delaware or somewhere far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
QFT.

Little known fact: Wawa is the only convenience store in heaven.
Couldn't agree more. The closest ones I knew about were Bel Air, MD and Woodbridge.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:10 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,383,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Couldn't agree more. The closest ones I knew about were Bel Air, MD and Woodbridge.
They are building one near National Harbor. That'll be the closest Wawa for a lot of people when it's done.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:32 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
Am I missing something? What's so great about Wawa besides the cool name? What's so different between it and any 7-11?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Am I missing something? What's so great about Wawa besides the cool name? What's so different between it and any 7-11?
The hoagies.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM

331 posts, read 904,156 times
The one thats planned for New York Ave is inconvenient for public transit riders. Now if D.DOT creates a circulator route for it then it'll work out better. Otherwise you'd have to catch the E2 from Ft. Totten station or the B2 from Stadium-Armory which are both quite a long ride from. There was a recommendation for a circulator route to serve the National Arboretum and Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. I'd propose a route that would go from McPherson Square to Deanwood station. The line would run via New York Ave serving limited stops to the convention center, North Cap and NY ave, NY ave station, Walmart, National Arboretum and the motels nearby, Ft. Lincoln, Kenilworth, Aquatic Gardens and ending at Deanwood station. Seems like a good route to me, then when the Aquatic gardens close it can run between the Walmart and Downtown.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
- Another vote for both the Waffle Ho' and Stake 'N Shake. Lord knows how much of the plaque in my arteries is from 3AM driving runs from NoVA to Florida. They need one of each next to the Krispy Kreme in Dupont.

- White Castle/Krystals is an aquired taste, however I know lots of people who think these are in the Constitution along with freedom of Religion, Speech, etc...

- One of the best noodle-shacks near DC is Pho 75 in Rosslyn, about 3 blocks from the metro station. All they serve is pho, pho, and more pho. The next nearest option is the Eden Center complex near Bailey's Crossroads.

- Other things not previously mentioned:
I wish some NYC pizzerias would take the Amtrak down here. But then I'd have no reason to go to NYC...
Chick fil' A: By far the healthiest fast food restaurant. Also a good place for families with small kids.
Texas Roadhouse: A steakhouse for the rest of us (although the Ray's Hell restaurants are a great local alternative).

Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Chick fil' A: By far the healthiest fast food restaurant. Also a good place for families with small kids.
It's in Ballston and Landmark Malls already (both inside the Beltway).

Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 PM

717 posts, read 2,809,285 times
A few surprises--SERIOUSLY--there is NO Chick-fil-a around DC? I really like them. It seems like everytime I get the urge to go there, it's on a Sunday and they are closed anyway.

Kind of surprised about Texas Roadhouse--but I don't know how nation-wide they are yet.

I like Wawa, but didn't have them where I lived in PA--I had to be closer to Philly. As long as I have 7-11 to get my coffee, I am good.

Steak & Shake & Waffle House--daughter loves both places. We had them in Illinois & Florida, but I don't see a lot of them in other states. Maybe I'm just not looking for them.

AND...OMG--White Castle.....I can't believe how many of you love White Castle. I haven't had a White Castle or seen a White Castle since the last time I went to the races at Indy. Used to be one right across from the track. We loved 'em, but it seems there used to be a stigma with them....Like, you're kidding right? You like White Castle????? So how much are their burgers these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC