Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 PM

184 posts, read 142,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Yea... a few of the California girls I've met here have been very nice and attractive.

Even the fat/ugly women in DC have an attitude.

I have a question for you. Whats the best place to live in Cali? I've heard good things about Newport Beach.
Yes, Newport beach is awesome. So is San Diego. I like SF girls as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
I am now a 'married' white male, and have yet to live in DC. But, I have lived in NYC in the past as a 'single' white male. I wonder if DC is similar.

I'd be generic white looking - Irish/French Catholic lad. Nontheless, universally, white/asian is an easy mix - that's been the case everywhere I've ever been. After that, I found Carribbean-African or African-African...like Jamaican, Haitian, etc...who I absolutely ADORED dating. I was heavily involved with an Eritrean woman, and knowing that DC has Ethiopian...well, IF I were single, and I'm not anymore.

I found that Latino women in NYC generally preferred Latino men or black men. (Latino in NYC usually meant Puerto Rican or Dominican though - whereas DC it seems to mean El Salvodorean and no idea their dating preferences). Most African-American women had a preference for African-American men, with some exceptions, and at least in NYC, if they went 'white', they seemed to look for Italian - might have been a NY thing though.

I think from reading these other DC threads...NYC nightlife sounds kind of similar. A lot of guys in the clubs/bars, and even though NYC is great for dating...I found that bars/clubs were not. Internet dating was off the hook good though.

Anyways, more from a NYC perspective, but thought there might be some universalisms in there somewhere for DC as well.

I'm a bit curious how white guy/black girl plays out in DC...as I always liked that combination.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Avoid the clubs; like others have said they're sausagefests. If you want to meet women, go to an activity site like meetup.com and get involved in something you're interested in. The M/F ratio is usually much better and you'll have something in common. DC itself has more single women then men.

As far as DC women being 'inhuman', they're different than what most men are used to. Here they're ambitious, smart, confident, and don't take b.s. They can spot a player a mile away and will shut him down with no mercy. Don't be that guy.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Adams Morgan, using it as an example, is a completely different place Monday-Thursday.
thank god

Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,516,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Avoid the clubs; like others have said they're sausagefests. If you want to meet women, go to an activity site like meetup.com and get involved in something you're interested in. The M/F ratio is usually much better and you'll have something in common. DC itself has more single women then men.

As far as DC women being 'inhuman', they're different than what most men are used to. Here they're ambitious, smart, confident, and don't take b.s. They can spot a player a mile away and will shut him down with no mercy. Don't be that guy.
Most of this "single woman surplus" consists of over 50 women, though. I think for any given age range under like 50 (e.g. 30-34), there'll be more single guys than girls, although this is because men tend to marry down in age.

The clubs and bars are sausagefests. Problem with girls in groups is that you have to impress Every. Single. Girl. in the group and the odds of all of them accepting you are slim to none, and slim just left town.

Church and activities, at the least online fora with frequent meetups. If you just sit around and do nothing ... well, nothing will happen.

DC women may take no BS, but from what I've noticed they seem to see BS where there is no BS.

Of course if you got the game, you'll be able to do your macking pretty much anywhere. You'll be able to get two girls at the same time, without needing a million dollars. Of course if you had that level of game, you'd be busy drinking wine from two supermodel's navels and not posting here.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM

339 posts, read 837,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Of course if you got the game, you'll be able to do your macking pretty much anywhere. You'll be able to get two girls at the same time, without needing a million dollars. Of course if you had that level of game, you'd be busy drinking wine from two supermodel's navels and not posting here.
Umm. Not quite. Why would a Model or a Supermodel come to DC? To work for a non profit? or a congressman? Nope. Models want to be SEEN. So they go to places like Miami, LA or NYC. There's a reason why 5s and 6s act the way they do in this city. Its because there's not as much competition as there is in the cities I mentioned above.

Watch this.

YouTube - Miami Has the Hottest and Dumbest Girls -- FTW

I'm not saying to move to miami or anything. I'm just saying don't expect to be in a single mans paradise once you move here.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM

29 posts, read 48,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I am now a 'married' white male, and have yet to live in DC. But, I have lived in NYC in the past as a 'single' white male. I wonder if DC is similar.

I'd be generic white looking - Irish/French Catholic lad. Nontheless, universally, white/asian is an easy mix - that's been the case everywhere I've ever been. After that, I found Carribbean-African or African-African...like Jamaican, Haitian, etc...who I absolutely ADORED dating. I was heavily involved with an Eritrean woman, and knowing that DC has Ethiopian...well, IF I were single, and I'm not anymore.

I found that Latino women in NYC generally preferred Latino men or black men. (Latino in NYC usually meant Puerto Rican or Dominican though - whereas DC it seems to mean El Salvodorean and no idea their dating preferences). Most African-American women had a preference for African-American men, with some exceptions, and at least in NYC, if they went 'white', they seemed to look for Italian - might have been a NY thing though.

I think from reading these other DC threads...NYC nightlife sounds kind of similar. A lot of guys in the clubs/bars, and even though NYC is great for dating...I found that bars/clubs were not. Internet dating was off the hook good though.

Anyways, more from a NYC perspective, but thought there might be some universalisms in there somewhere for DC as well.

I'm a bit curious how white guy/black girl plays out in DC...as I always liked that combination.
Pretty much the way you describe. Most of the black/white mix have been with immigrants, although it might change with the younger crowd. I also have realized that most black/white mix, the black female has a more natural look (natural hair/afro and on the darker side). And yes, Ethiopian ladies do date outside their race here too

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,623,197 times
MMM..sausage fest....

Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM

885 posts, read 1,553,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nufan View Post
My apologies for not being clearer. What I meant to ask was what the dating scene is like for single STRAIGHT white males? thanks though for the input on your experience. perhaps it will be useful for others on here that are like yourself.
Nice!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM

76 posts, read 384,223 times
From watching the You Tube video, the men in Miami are dumb also. No doubt about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC