Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,455 times

Advertisements

I live about one mile from Huntington Metro Station. I am taking a flight from the airport on Saturday and returning on a Wednesday. I am wondering if I should drive my car and park at the metro station parking lot on Saturday or take a Taxi?

How much would a taxi cost to go for one mile?

How much does parking charge for day-and-night at the Metro Parking? Can I park anywhere or is there a section for long term parking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 04:58 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,422 times
Taxi to the station would cost a lot less than it would to repair the busted window in your car from leaving it in a station overnight

Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 AM

3 posts, read 24,303 times
Metro stations only charge when you leave, so the cost depends on what day you leave. If you leave on a weekday during open hours, then it's the typical five bucks, no matter how many days you are there. If you leave on a weekend or after hours, then it's free.

Only certain stations allow multi-day parking: Greenbelt, Huntington, and Franconia-Springfield. Multi-day spaces are marked, and there's only about 15-17 at each station. You may get towed if you park in a non-multi-day space, or if you stay at a station that doesn't allow multi-day parking. The likelihood of being towed increases with the length of your stay.

I parked for a week at Franconia-Springfield, but I had to wait about an hour for one of the few spaces to open up. (I just parked across from the multi-day row and read until someone left.) Don't expect to arrive and just pull right into a multi-day space.

I'm not familiar with Huntington, but I can vouch for Franconia station. No broken windows. However, due to the limited space availability, I likely wouldn't go this route again... Not without a backup plan.

Metro - Rail - Parking
Metro - Rail - Parking - Daily Parking

-M

Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdesigner View Post
Metro stations only charge when you leave, so the cost depends on what day you leave. If you leave on a weekday during open hours, then it's the typical five bucks, no matter how many days you are there. If you leave on a weekend or after hours, then it's free.
-M
If I park there on a Saturday and leave the next Friday, I will just pay $4.50 or whatever per day rate is?

If I park on a non-long term space for say three days, how do they know how long I parked there?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:24 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
If I park there on a Saturday and leave the next Friday, I will just pay $4.50 or whatever per day rate is?

If I park on a non-long term space for say three days, how do they know how long I parked there?
If it's there all night it is kind of obvious, no? Personally, when I lived over in that area, I just parked in the airport's long term lot. It costs a bit more, but I just paid it. I was barely scraping by financially at the time too. I figured it's cheaper than getting my car stolen or vandalized, or even towed away. Think about it.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 AM

465 posts, read 928,139 times
I kept my car there for over a month with no negative consequences, and I am pretty sure the station didn't have long term parking.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,241,080 times
Yeah I've parked in Crystal City over the weekend without a problem. It might just depend on which station one parks at.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Maybe you guys got lucky and he won't? He could also get lucky though. I guess that's up to him.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM

How do you pay? If you parked at the long term spot for five days? How do they keep track of it and how do you pay for five days? When you parked there on a Sunday and leave on a Friday afternoon, how do they know how much to charge you?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:22 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,378,752 times
Dcdesigner already answered your question- no per day charges, it's 4.50 flat rate no matter how long you park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC