Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,625 times

Advertisements

Am trying to find what metro bus to take from the mega bus stop at Washington DC, Parking Lot at K St. NW and N Capitol St. NW, going to Silver Spring Maryland and or Gren mont- Silver spring. I am arriving at DC by bus on Sunday at 5:45am so Metro Rail is out since it start running at 7.00am on sunday. I know the 70 bus may be an option but where can I catch it from and how do I get there from Washington DC, Parking Lot at K St. NW and N Capitol St. NW. Plus is there another option? How long is the ride to Silver Spring, (and then to Glen mont)

Thanks for considering to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
" going to Silver Spring Maryland and or Gren mont- Silver spring." You mean to the Silver Spring station or Glenmont (not Grenmont) Metro station in Silver Spring? www.wmata.com gives bus and rail schedules for Metro. I lived near the Silver Spring station and later near the Glenmont station. I'd chill at the bus station for a while (I'm really not sure about walking in the area at 5:30 a.m. on a Sunday) and then walk or take a cab to Union Station and take Metro rail after 7. Get some coffee or breakfast at Union Station. It'd be a long bus ride to Glenmont. A good hour or more, I think. I always took Metro rail. I thnk you might save some money taking just bus, but I doubt you'd save much time, and may have to change busses.

Last edited by Samoi137; 10-14-2011 at 08:35 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM

45 posts, read 112,690 times
The megabus also stops at Bethesda, which may get you closer to Silver Spring.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by living20057 View Post
The megabus also stops at Bethesda, which may get you closer to Silver Spring.
Bethesda is physically closer, at least by Metro or Montgomery bus (by Metro rail they'd have to go through downtown DC, and pass by Union Station, so it'd actually be further). The Megabus site shows no stop in Bethesda, at least not for busses from New York, but if they do stop there it might be worth at least looking into. There are local busses from Bethesda directly to SS, but whether they'd run on a Sunday as early as OP would arrive is another question (assuming the Megabus stops there before the 5:45 a.m. arrival in downtown DC). Personally, I'd just take one of Megabus's daytime busses from NYC rather than one leaving after 1 a.m. and arriving in DC before dawn, but OP has their reasons for their choice, I'm sure.

Last edited by Samoi137; 10-16-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC