Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times

Advertisements

^ this thread is not about the white man tho,
so you just lied to yourself. anyway, i was not
even responding to you in that sentence.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM

465 posts, read 928,391 times
Quote:
Why is that?
My friends and I usually say : Hair and facial structure. Skin color doesn't matter. Not a fan of flat noses.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
There are more high income (if you don't want to call them wealthy) black men in the DC metropolitan area than any other metro in the United States. So the OP chose the right city.

I think it would be best if she can get some pointers on how to differentiate herself from the competition, because there is alot of competition for those men in DC; as in how can she make herself stand out from all the other women who are looking for a black man with money.

But don't ask me for any advice; I'm a black man with my own money myself; i'm independent, I don't need no man, lol.

As a side note it's rough for black women in DC. One thing about black men is that they don't have a problem forming a relationship and/or marrying a woman of another race; so that means more competition for black women. On the other hand white men overwhelmingly form relationships and/or marry white women exclusively; if they do go outside the race it's usually Asian. Black men aren't racist though, we like all women.
I actually said the exact thing, more descriptive though. I don't know what happened to the post.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM

353 posts, read 395,382 times
Quote:

As a side note it's rough for black women in DC. One thing about black men is that they don't have a problem forming a relationship and/or marrying a woman of another race; so that means more competition for black women. On the other hand white men overwhelmingly form relationships and/or marry white women exclusively; if they do go outside the race it's usually Asian. Black men aren't racist though, we like all women.
Most black women who are interested in interracial dating, don't have a problem forming relationships and/or marrying non black men either.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
A white man will sleep with a black woman, but when it comes to who he gives his love to, white women get that out of him.

There are two basic categories men put women into: you're either a sexual object or a wifey. When men first meet women they are sexual objects, because you don't know anything about them; you just know that they look good and you want to sleep with them. But when you get to know a woman as a person and realize that you like this person, that is when she gets into wifey category.

White men (not all, but wide majority) have mostly put black women into the sexual object category and kept them there.
I'm sure there are some men in every race who may view women as "sexual objects," or non wife material, but there are also men in every race who do not take this approach and choose to treat all women with respect. Therefore, it's never a good idea to judge an entire group of people, based on assumptions and stereotypes. We are all individuals and should be treated as such.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM

572 posts, read 1,870,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I actually said the exact thing, more descriptive though. I don't know what happened to the post.
Me neither. But I'll try and add something:

I would suggest the OP do her best to put on the facade that she likes the high income black man for HIMSELF, and NOT for his money. If one of these men see that you just another one of the money chasing chicks out here, they're going to put you into the rotation he has with the five women he already dealing with. To be honest, I think it would be best to be as deceptive as possible.

Speaking from a man's perspective, when you find a woman that likes you for you, that is a beautiful thing. But the society we live in is one where a man's money is more important to a woman than the man himself; i'm not saying all women, but definitely more than 50%. If I know that you are with me only for my money, then you are no longer a human being that deserves deference, you are basically a sex object, or like another material object that brings me joy. And the thing with material items is that the more you have, the better they are; and women wonder why dudes with money in DC juggle so many women.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I'm sure there are some men in every race who may view women as "sexual objects," or non wife material, but there are also men in every race who do not take this approach and choose to treat all women with respect. Therefore, it's never a good idea to judge an entire group of people, based on assumptions and stereotypes. We are all individuals and should be treated as such.
This isn't a stereotype, this is real life. This is how white men feel. They may not tell you because we live in the era of political correctness. White people can't speak their minds like they used to.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
This isn't a stereotype, this is real life. This is how white men feel. They may not tell you because we live in the era of political correctness. White people can't speak their minds like they used to.
You can't speak for an entire race of men, your comments are based on your own individual beliefs and opinions.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 PM

81 posts, read 216,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
My friends and I usually say : Hair and facial structure. Skin color doesn't matter. Not a fan of flat noses.
Whenever I see black woman/white man couples in DC, the woman tends to look more Afrocentric - usually with natural hair or locs. Just my casual observation.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
You can't speak for an entire race of men, your comments are based on your own individual beliefs and opinions.
Ok, fair enough. Can you give me your philosophy on why almost every white man you see on the street is with a white woman? Please tell me about the White man-black woman couples you see hanging out at the park, or at the zoo, or at IHOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC