Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
I am sorry Mahatma but black and white kids live in completely separate worlds. Not many white kids in the DC area live in slums. Not many white kids have one parent or NO parent households. Not many white kids go to sh*tty public schools in DC or PG County. Not many white kids can look forward to racism and marginalization in society..
So this is an excuse to treat the whites in this city like dirt? Because they managed to get their crap together? Everyone likes to pretend that DC is chocolate City, but let's not forget who actually built it and ran it until about 1960. African Americans have had literally fifty years, including thirty of home reign. Why be so bitter when whitey moves in, improves the neighborhood, lowers the crime rates and businesses start opening up.

Remember, after the first decade of black rule, it wasn't a white city you were destroying, it was your own. You were robbing and burning your own type, not evil whitey. Don't be upset now that DC is becoming a world class city and all of the sudden you can't afford to trash it up anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
So this is an excuse to treat the whites in this city like dirt? Because they managed to get their crap together? Everyone likes to pretend that DC is chocolate City, but let's not forget who actually built it and ran it until about 1960. African Americans have had literally fifty years, including thirty of home reign. Why be so bitter when whitey moves in, improves the neighborhood, lowers the crime rates and businesses start opening up.

Remember, after the first decade of black rule, it wasn't a white city you were destroying, it was your own. You were robbing and burning your own type, not evil whitey. Don't be upset now that DC is becoming a world class city and all of the sudden you can't afford to trash it up anymore.
Judging from some of your past posts, you always seem to have such an intense hatred and seething rage towards anything "Green Line" whenever Metro is brought up. I wonder what that's about...

Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
^2 well you can thank two black mayors and a black president for that.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I wonder how people find themselves in these situations. People try to talk to me on the train all the time. And unless they're asking for directions or something, I just stick my earphones in. If they keep trying to get my attention, I just turn the music up and start bobbing my head. That always seems to work.
I looked back at the video. The guy seemed wound up quite tight, and a bit anal. Definitely an inexperienced guy with how to act and interact on a train.

I was just imagining myself being somewhere on that same train. The more hoopla going on, the more I'd be burying my head deep into a book.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM

274 posts, read 297,755 times
He was probably being baited, but low class all around. People should not act like this.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:03 PM

465 posts, read 928,495 times
I ride the green line to commute every day and also late night at 2AM when I come back from partying on the weekends. Never had trouble at all from anyone.

Once in a while teenagers will act like a bunch of animals during PM commute home spring/summer/fall, but that's rare. The people in their 20's and up keep to themselves. I've even gotten compliments on my threads from random homies who appreciate my non-bro style of dress.

My only gripe is dudes putting their legs up taking up 2 seats, and women thinking their bag warrants an extra seat. I encounter these types the most on the green line.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
I have to second Mahatma X's sentiment. It's a-holes like these swag-hack Bebe's Kids (along with the Midwest and lily-white suburban transplants) why non-ghetto blacks get crapped on in this city, and why I personally can't even enjoy I really don't get how people can say with a straight face that race relations are good in the city.

Someone made a point about blacks having control of the city for over a half-century, but not doing a beneficial thing. I completely agree with this, given that I don't recall given anything but grief and ostracization for not being hood/street/thug/gangsta/swagged up/blah blah blah. The only blacks who have benefited from the "Chocolate City" era are the bums who don't want to work because "that's submitting to the white man", and anyone notice how those are the only blacks who can "afford" to live in DC proper.

Now I expect some native blacks defending these clowns, given that these dudes are retired wannabe thugs themselves. But to the white people who are saying the white guy should've moved, get real. You all are probably the same "liberal" whites who will go back to your all white bars, restaurants, and social clubs talking about this event and applying this to all blacks, while at the same time staring down and giving crap to non-ghetto blacks who are even in your presence. I know how psychology works among the SWPL yuppie crowd. My honest belief is this: From Massachusetts to Maryland, If there is something most whites fear more than a group of ghetto black men, it's an individual professional black man.

And it's such a damn shame how I can't enjoy the city for this reason, given how good the weather is...for once!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM

894 posts, read 1,325,569 times
I thought this type of stuff only happened in pittsburgh

Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
When I was interning in DC, once I took the green line to Columbia Heights because I wanted a Five Guys burger and the people around there had a serious ego/attitude problem. I know people who are less logically inclined that would have fought over the things people there said to me.

One group wanted to fight me just because I was wearing a suit. I walked out of the metro station, someone was yelling to me from across the street then got up on my street; demanding to know why I was wearing a suit when no one else was. He said he was going to beat my ass because my suit was an "insult to his people".

Since I had mirrored shades on he couldn't see what direction I was looking at so I just kept on walking, he made sure to always stay a few steps in front of me and turned his head to engage in verbal insults ad nauseum. I walked into the restaurant at the end of the block and that was the end of it. He kept on walking forward in the street. I'm glad I didn't have to invoke a defense.

On my way out there was a group walking in a direction taking up the entire sidewalk. I was in the "right lane" of the sidewalk and walking peacefully ahead. I saw that the people walking in the opposite direction weren't go to move on their side of the sidewalk, so I slowed down and stopped a few meters before them so no one would crash so they could move to their side of the sidewalk. One of the people commented to the other that he should have "knocked my ass out" for not moving out of the way (there was no where to move?) I kept on walking, I had no interest in a conflict. I did find it mildly amusing that the people there thought that they had the right-of-way everywhere.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:05 PM

999 posts, read 2,011,560 times
Gustavo Fring has been posting many bigoted responses in this forum for a while. You can check his posting history. Any OP posting a race-oriented topic will almost always get a response from this clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Judging from some of your past posts, you always seem to have such an intense hatred and seething rage towards anything "Green Line" whenever Metro is brought up. I wonder what that's about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC