Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,522 times

Advertisements

So, I have this man working with me. Every time I ask him how his day is going, he says, "Thankful". For the first few weeks, I was little off about it, since I was a young guy (young at heart), not married, and no kids. But after a while, it hit me. There is a reason why he is saying, "Thankful" every time I ask him how his day is. It isn't about some pseudo positive corp thing, but it has to go deeper.

Deeper about why you're thankful for everyday. My mind is going so many directions, I need to have some feedback to calm it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM

32 posts, read 42,161 times
He has a job in a bad ecconomy. It's that simple.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:26 AM

284 posts, read 340,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
So, I have this man working with me. Every time I ask him how his day is going, he says, "Thankful". For the first few weeks, I was little off about it, since I was a young guy (young at heart), not married, and no kids. But after a while, it hit me. There is a reason why he is saying, "Thankful" every time I ask him how his day is. It isn't about some pseudo positive corp thing, but it has to go deeper.

Deeper about why you're thankful for everyday. My mind is going so many directions, I need to have some feedback to calm it down.
Contrary to my own typical patterns, I am on this site again. Maybe because I'm suffering from a bout of insomnia or no one I know is up at this ungodly hour.... regardless, I am here bearing some answers.

Mr. Plokivos, I seem to remember you saying you were an attorney (I think..). Therefore, please refer to rule #1 of Attorney 101: Never assume anything.

You've provided no context as to the nonverbal portion of your interactions (was he smiling, did he seem sarcastic, etc) so I am unable to make any inferences on what the gent meant.

The bottom line is if you need clarification on anything, your best bet is to go to the source. Some guy's day is "Thankful" and you want to know what he means? Ask him!

Cheers!

Old 08-25-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Contrary to my own typical patterns, I am on this site again. Maybe because I'm suffering from a bout of insomnia or no one I know is up at this ungodly hour.... regardless, I am here bearing some answers.

Mr. Plokivos, I seem to remember you saying you were an attorney (I think..). Therefore, please refer to rule #1 of Attorney 101: Never assume anything.

You've provided no context as to the nonverbal portion of your interactions (was he smiling, did he seem sarcastic, etc) so I am unable to make any inferences on what the gent meant.

The bottom line is if you need clarification on anything, your best bet is to go to the source. Some guy's day is "Thankful" and you want to know what he means? Ask him!

Cheers!
huh? I don't know you. Plus, my mom said don't say anything if I can't say anything good or insightful. Plus, not to make fun of the mentally challenged.

I'm not a lawyer, and you have the wrong person.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 PM

284 posts, read 340,881 times
Thank you for that clarification.

All the best.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:29 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post

Are you high?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 AM

490 posts, read 649,767 times
I worked with a vendor from another company on occasion. Whenever I asked him how he's doing he would always say "can't complain, no one cares".

Very true.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Probably just had a way rougher life than now and the boring repetitive daily grind is better than whatever situation he had going on before. I'm constantly bored with my numbing life but if I just got out of a war zone, I imagine my life would seem quite awesome.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Are you high?
Not in Denver, CO.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
I worked with a vendor from another company on occasion. Whenever I asked him how he's doing he would always say "can't complain, no one cares".

Very true.
Ha, I got those before. I read that in Southern Accent. Then we have a good ole laugh, before we actually figured out that stuff is not right. Then we laugh some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC