Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM

417 posts, read 594,685 times

Advertisements

I am probably on the wrong forum for this but this is a question geared toward DC and suburb guys. If you go out on a date with a woman and decide to pay half does that mean you are not that interested? The reason I posting the question here is because I noticed that this is a common practice here. I do not intend for this to be inflammatory but I am looking for sincere answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 06:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
A man invites you on a date and then at the last minute doesn't pay for you?

Is this a first meeting from online dating? Because otherwise, no man who ever invited me on a date in DC expected me to pay half.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:03 PM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
Too hard to tell from just one gesture like that. If I tell a chick to come hang out with me, then I pay. If it's a first date thing I usually go something low cost anyway so it's not a big deal. 90% of the time it's a happy hour with good drink specials so I'm not out more than $20. This way if there's no chemistry at all, it's not a big deal. I do take note if she offers to pay some of the bill though.

To determine whether or not he's interested you need to be looking at his actions after meeting up... is he reaching out to schedule another time to meet up? is he calling to talk to you? does he respond or call you back when you reach out to him? Those are things you need to look at.

If he asked you out the first time, why not initiate the 2nd date and see how he responds

Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,629,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I am probably on the wrong forum for this but this is a question geared toward DC and suburb guys. If you go out on a date with a woman and decide to pay half does that mean you are not that interested? The reason I posting the question here is because I noticed that this is a common practice here. I do not intend for this to be inflammatory but I am looking for sincere answers.
I think the first date a man should always pay. I'm a huge fan of chivalry. After a couple of dates I think it is nice for a woman to pick up the tab. I don't think going dutch means a guy isn't interested. Social norms have changed throughout the years and I think going dutch is fine. Just comes down to the guy (and woman).

Old 01-20-2015, 07:05 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
What was your conversation out? Did he "put his man-hood out"? Not literally, but meaning, did he let you know in his own flirtatious ways that he is a MAN and is interested in pursuing you on an sexual/intimate level? In other words, no matter how subtle, did he make it known that he wants to eventually bed you? Did he flirt or was it just a friendly meet up? What was your conversation like? Was he leading? Where you the one asking all the questions?

I am trying to figure out who was leading, forget about if his interested or not. If a man puts his "D" out, again, not literally and no matter how subtle, you know he is interested.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,327 times
Quote:
I have never been on a date with a man here and paid on the first date. Maybe on the third or fourth--but if he asks you out, then it's on him to pay. If you ask him out, even if you expect to pay, a man will pay.

If he makes you pay half, don't go on another date with him--even if he seems interested.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Me personally, depends. I've paid half when a woman offered to pay her share. One date I paid half because I was simply not interested and just didn't give a whether she liked it or not since that was the end of us anyway. Again, depends.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:32 PM

417 posts, read 594,685 times
I met these men on a online dating site. Normally I pay half or sometimes I end up paying for the whole date. They rarely offer to pay.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:57 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,629,739 times
Quote:
I met these men on a online dating site. Normally I pay half or sometimes I end up paying for the whole date. They rarely offer to pay.
Damn! You have paid for the whole date? I think the majority of people on online dating sites are terrible. So many of them have issues (baggage, flaky, game players, etc.) I think it is so much easier meeting people just randomly out and about. If I were you I would close my account ASAP if you're meeting guys like this or have a more thorough screening process. I tried the online dating thing on and off for years and it was terrible for the most part.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
Quote:
They rarely offer to pay.

Smh I feel bad for you, shorty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC