Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 PM

69 posts, read 113,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
Maybe, it is a short walk to both the ball park and eastern market, which are both nice. At one point I worked near there. It was kind of boring itself, but the area has changed in the last three years. Oh...and eastern market is great.
Takoma/Silver Spring, MD is recommended as well. It really depends on what you want from a neighborhood, but unlike some people who come here, you have a variety of options. If you like music, Silver Spring, H Street, or U street; Clubs, Adams Morgan, U Street, or DuPont Circle; Baseball: Navy Yard. Resturants...well lots of good areas there, but Navy Yard is not one right now without walking to Eastern Market. Bethesda, MD though if you really like dining out.

It would be easier if you can give us some idea of what you want out of a neighborhood.
Navy Yard may not be he most livest area, but if you like beer bluejacket brewery has some good blends..
Now i associated navy yard with: baseball, nice apartments and beer.

I lived on the boarder of Fresh Meadows and flushing. So right in the middle of St Johns and Queens college. After graduation from Stony Brook i came to DC for work. Well actually, DC metro area. My job is located at Greenbelt so i lived in college park, landover and greenbelt for 5 years before i moved to DC last year.
I choose waterfront because it look like a good investment and its a piece of cake to get to work. It only takes me 15 to 20 mins on the worse day with the reverse commute.

I don't go out much and haven't really met a core group of friends here or in NY so its all the same for me. My enjoyment in DC is better since i have some income to go out and enjoy myself. Just found out that i really like microbrews. If that is your thing, then there is no better place then to be in DC now.

If your social then i don't think you will have trouble having fun or meeting new people in this city. Between meetups, social bar groups and events; this city is pretty social as long as you have the expendable income to have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC