Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
You can't honestly tell me in that situation (if you were the cop) that you would have thought he was going for his license. That cop needs to spend more time at the range... his shooting is terrible.

You can say that all you want but if any of us do the same thing, we will PAY, whether it is a mistake or what, so don't even give me that nonsense. According to you, the cop should have shot better and the civilian should be dead for grabbing his wallet.

Really, that is just another white cop that is scared of the average black american; typical stuff going on in the usa, no better way to put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The cop need to seek his true profession -- WalMart greeter. This why very few people should be allowed to carry weapons.
Which few?

The few that might do something some might not agree with?

I don't follow...

Are you upset he fired so many times and the guy is still alive?

Old 10-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
You can say that all you want but if any of us do the same thing, we will PAY, whether it is a mistake or what, so don't even give me that nonsense. According to you, the cop should have shot better and the civilian should be dead for grabbing his wallet.
Do what? Jump in your car and reach for a license like that? Honestly, I can't believe anyone with average common sense would do that...

To answer your question, yes, I don't think anyone should ever draw a weapon and shoot to wound. Well, there are limited and rare exceptions, but that is out of scope.

Quote:
Really, that is just another white cop that is scared of the average black american; typical stuff going on in the usa, no better way to put it.
No, there are much better ways to put it. But if someone can't see any other ways but the way you put it, then they might believe that is the best way to put it.

I still don't see what this has to do with legal carry in DC???? None of our anti-gun people can directly relate this video with the thread... outside it had a gun it.. and a car, a camera, sky, and air.... maybe even pollution.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,996,763 times
Quote:
Which few?

The few that might do something some might not agree with?

I don't follow...

Are you upset he fired so many times and the guy is still alive?
Amateurs should not be carrying guns on public streets and as we have seen even many of the police should be restricted. The officer in question lacks the temperament to perform police duties and has been dismissed from the force.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
Quote:
Do what? Jump in your car and reach for a license like that? Honestly, I can't believe anyone with average common sense would do that....
Well he was still wrong for shooting the guy. He didn't look or sound threatening at all whatsoever.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Amateurs should not be carrying guns on public streets and as we have seen even many of the police should be restricted.
I can agree that amateurs should not be carrying guns on public streets... I'm prior military, so I'm not an amateur... so I can carry a gun? Who defines amateur? What is your definition of "amateur" since you don't think the police can carry now?

Quote:
The officer in question lacks the temperament to perform police duties and has been dismissed from the force.
I don't feel like looking around... so if so, please post the source. At any rate, if dismissed, the full video must have showed considerable info. As I stated before, the small clip on this site does not show enough. All of us playing the "if" game...

But I still don't see how it relates to full carry in DC... it does not. Guess you want to link it to "amateurs". Okay...

Old 10-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Well he was still wrong for shooting the guy. He didn't look or sound threatening at all whatsoever.
I agree.... if the cop had sounded or looked threatening, the guy would not have jumped back in his vehicle like that.

But I'm sure him being "black" had nothing to do with it. To assume everyone/every situation is a racist situation takes things to another level and weakens your argument when real racism happens.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I can agree that amateurs should not be carrying guns on public streets... I'm prior military, so I'm not an amateur... so I can carry a gun? Who defines amateur? What is your definition of "amateur" since you don't think the police can carry now?
Many of my men were never issued firearms when I was in the military, so no.

Quote:
I don't feel like looking around... so if so, please post the source. At any rate, if dismissed, the full video must have showed considerable info. As I stated before, the small clip on this site does not show enough. All of us playing the "if" game...

But I still don't see how it relates to full carry in DC... it does not. Guess you want to link it to "amateurs". Okay...
If you don't feel like looking around, you can accept my word. The small clip shows what we don't want: a jumpy and armed individual acting out his fears. It's OK to be afraid. It's not OK to shoot someone merely because you are afraid. Amateurs are frequently afraid. That's why we don't want them on the streets and armed.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:09 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
If you don't feel like looking around, you can accept my word. The small clip shows what we don't want: a jumpy and armed individual acting out his fears. It's OK to be afraid. It's not OK to shoot someone merely because you are afraid. Amateurs are frequently afraid. That's why we don't want them on the streets and armed.
I think that a fair and valid point.

But again, is that not what you already have in DC? A lot of amateurs carrying guns? That is why a lot of bystanders get shot- because these guys cannot shoot well. Not to mention they are not paying one iota of attention to any law.

Perhaps classes, training, and range time in order to require the permit?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I think that a fair and valid point.

But again, is that not what you already have in DC? A lot of amateurs carrying guns? That is why a lot of bystanders get shot- because these guys cannot shoot well. Not to mention they are not paying one iota of attention to any law.

Perhaps classes, training, and range time in order to require the permit?
You don't stop giving people influenza shots because there is an outbreak of influenza. If carrying a weapon is illegal, when you stop someone with a weapon it can be taken off the street.

We don't require perfection in our laws. Murder remains illegal despite it's occurrence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC