Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:04 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,218,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
The DC metro is about as safe as walking down the street in an relatively safe neighborhood.

Crime is one of those things that can happen anywhere at anytime. So constantly worrying about it is dumb. You just have to look at the probability of crime based on the information you have. If the probability is low, then you should just assume you will be fine.

I ride metro every day and I've used it at all hours of the day and night. The safest stops are the ones near downtown. As you go further out away from the city core you will see more sketchy people on certain lines.
Exactly. I ride the Green Line all the way from Branch Ave at times and hardly anything crazy ever happens when I'm on the train. There may be a few sketchy characters on the train and in the stations but most of us are just minding our business or engaging in conversations. I just chill and listen to music from my phone (it's an iPhone but I keep it concealed for the most part and I wear colored skull candy earphones (white Apple-issued earphones are a dead giveaway btw), but I do stay vigilant and sit on certain seats to keep a better eye on the riders and who's coming onboard. Other than that, I'm not gonna stress. The weekend waits can be a pain in the ass sometimes but thankfully the Green Line isn't as prone to maintenance issues and constant track work as other lines. I love riding Metro though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: