Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 04:01 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Are you absolutely sure? I saw it mentioned on the BBC, I think, that at least one had a fake Syrian passport in the name of someone registered a month ago in Greece, or another nearby country. How are you so sure? Do you have secret info?
A fake passport was found at the scene. The terrorists were born in Europe.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:00 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
How do you know they were born in Europe? Were you there?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
The Paris terrorists were not Syrian refugees, they were native born Europeans with European passports who can fly to the US any time they want to.
That is wrong, 2 of them were identified as having come to Paris via Greece, originally they were from Syria. So, yes, they were "refugees", or as I would say, "Guerrilla soldiers"

A ‘refugee’ in killers’ ranks: Terrorist linked to Syrian refugee route | New York Post

Passport points to Syria, but officials urge caution – POLITICO

France - At least two Paris attackers ‘travelled th rough Greece’ - France 24

Old 11-22-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Because that is not what this country is about. We don't close borders here on the chance that one lunatic will slip through in a crowd of 10,000. We're a nation of immigrants, and many, many Americans are descendants of refugees. There were refugees in my own family. Welcoming refugees is part of our way of life. We should not have to change our way of life. We're stronger and better than that.

Can we guarantee that no terrorists will slip in? No. But you can't guarantee that there will be no terrorism by closing our borders and turning refugees away. It's a good bet that terrorists are already here and are just awaiting orders. Furthermore, Tim McVeigh was homegrown.

Those who are calling to close the borders or turn away refugees are acting on fear. Guess what? That means the terrorists have already won: They've succeeded in terrorizing and terrifying you. That's what they want. They also want a war. Giving one to them is also giving them a victory.

The way to defeat these people is to stop playing their war-mongering games, to continue living our lives and enjoying our freedoms, and to continue to stand for the traditional American values of welcoming the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
This kind of thinking is insane. You don't open your borders to your enemies, to people that hate you. Syria has been a long-time enemy of the United States. They hate us and they hate our culture and way of life. Islam has been an enemy of everyone else for 1,400 years. You don't open your borders to people who are most likely going to try to kill you once they are in your country.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:25 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
A news item linked above says they are investigating and do not know if it is fake. They also have not identified who did it. I think you should get in touch with the French authorities and tell them what you know.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
A news item linked above says they are investigating and do not know if it is fake. They also have not identified who did it. I think you should get in touch with the French authorities and tell them what you know.
They already know.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 AM

785 thousand refugees have been taken in by the United States since 9/11. A dozen refugees have been convicted of a crime or deported. If the American public were that well behaved we would be better off.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:33 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,530,453 times
Quote:
785 thousand refugees have been taken in by the United States since 9/11. A dozen refugees have been convicted of a crime or deported. If the American public were that well behaved we would be better off.
But they don't dress like us and don't praise Jesus!!!

I'm moving out of here. Way too dangerous to be around these different people.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Because that is not what this country is about. We don't close borders here on the chance that one lunatic will slip through in a crowd of 10,000. We're a nation of immigrants, and many, many Americans are descendants of refugees. There were refugees in my own family. Welcoming refugees is part of our way of life. We should not have to change our way of life. We're stronger and better than that.

Those who are calling to close the borders or turn away refugees are acting on fear. Guess what? That means the terrorists have already won: They've succeeded in terrorizing and terrifying you. That's what they want. They also want a war. Giving one to them is also giving them a victory.
I wish I could hold your hand and bring you to the light beyond your inner space. We are not talking about closing our border. We are talking about having a system in place that will be able to allow for the vetting, assimilation, and monitoring of these refugees. It goes well beyond simply allowing them in. There are more Americans that oppose this. More monitoring will mean more policing, more hiring, more tax dollar, more uprising in our communities that oppose this.

Stop living in your cloud and come down to reality.

-----According to the Reuters survey, 58 percent Americans say they “don’t identify with what America has become.” While Republicans and Independents are the most likely to agree with this statement, even 45 percent of Democrats share this feeling. More than half of Americans, 53 percent, say they “feel like a stranger” in their own country. A minority of Americans feel “comfortable as myself” in the country-----.

Majority of Americans Feel Like 'Stranger in Own Country'

Old 11-23-2015, 12:57 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,530,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I wish I could hold your hand and bring you to the light beyond your inner space. We are not talking about closing our border. We are talking about having a system in place that will be able to allow for the vetting, assimilation, and monitoring of these refugees. It goes well beyond simply allowing them in.
It already takes 2-3 years for a refugee to get resettled in the US. Not like Syrians are walking/swimming/flying right over the border...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC