Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:20 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,426,825 times

Advertisements

Truly, I comprehend what you're stating, but I take different perspective. I think a city needs a balance of both. And, who is to say what normal is nowadays?! At times, I want to hobnob with wealthy, highly culturaled and intellectual types. I like to drink expensive bottles of wine and taste exotic foods, read good literature/music and so forth, and not be chastised or ridiculed in the process!!! So-called normal people exhibit such behavior, making ignorant and crass comments on why I enjoy the things I do. Later for all that self-righteous working class logic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
At least in DC people seem to care more about your education than your income. In NYC its all about how much you make and want materialistic crap you have that you can show off. In DC its about what you do.

Still.. most of that is limited to the stuffy, pretentious, shallow groups in these cities. Those people do not represent the cities as a whole. People who complain about these types of people should stop trying to associate with them in the first place. But I suspect the reason for trying to associate with these people is "social climbing".

All these professional class cities have lots of The problem in many ways comes from it's own residents. who can communicate on a human level and are not obsessed with status and money. People who are trying to be friends with the pretentious snobby crowd and keep getting treated like dirt need to ask themselves why they want to associate with these tools in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Truly, I comprehend what you're stating, but I take different perspective. I think a city needs a balance of both. And, who is to say what normal is nowadays?! At times, I want to hobnob with wealthy, highly culturaled and intellectual types. I like to drink expensive bottles of wine and taste exotic foods, read good literature/music and so forth, and not be chastised or ridiculed in the process!!! So-called normal people exhibit such behavior, making ignorant and crass comments on why I enjoy the things I do. Later for all that self-righteous working class logic!
From my experience, educated middle class people are the easiest people to get along with. The working class is often angry and ignorant, while the upper class (and wanna-be upper class) is often snobby, materialistic and shallow.

And I am defining "middle class" and "upper class" more by culture than income. There are low class rich people and high class poor people.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
DC is socially pathetic for certain people. There is no soul there, just old young people. The older people already had their fun in a better time. You better get out of there while you're still young and find a man somewhere else.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:12 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
DC is socially pathetic for certain people. There is no soul there, just old young people. The older people already had their fun in a better time. You better get out of there while you're still young and find a man somewhere else.
Wrong again.

DC is not any more socially pathetic than any other city. DC is only socially pathetic for people who are socially pathetic.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:32 PM

1,261 posts, read 694,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasja_tearo View Post
I'm 27 years old, 5'11", and Ivy League educated. When I was 20, I was approached by an agency to be a fashion model. Right now I work in one of the most prestigious law firms in DC, but somehow I can't find a boyfriend despite having lived here for the past two years and trying really hard. I've dated guys who are unemployed, who went to community college, and I've even dated guys who are a couple of inches shorter than me. So it's not like I have high standards.

Whenever I go up to NYC, I get much more attention and get hit on more often. Heck, one of the most common pick-up lines I get from guys in NYC is "Are you a model?" or that I'm the most beautiful Asian woman they've ever seen. Even though I don't like pick-up lines, it's still really nice to hear that when I feel so undesirable and undervalued in DC.

Somehow, whenever I go out here in DC, not a single guy would hit on me. Or rather, the only men who would approach me are black guys or really old and sketchy white guys. Often times, the type of guys that I prefer (preppy and athletic) would check me out from the corner of their eyes but not approach. Not even the Asian men in DC would approach me. In fact, Asian men in DC seem to be more into blond southern belles than the Asian men in NYC for some reason. I've also observed that southern white girls are more likely to date Asian men than northern white girls, so maybe that's why.

Whenever I went out with my best friend, who is tall, blonde, green-eyed, but slightly chubby, a lot of men would hit on her but ignore me. But when we went out in NYC, the amount of attention we received was more evenly balanced. And when we were in San Francisco, I actually got more attention than she did.

I feel like each city has its own ideal of beauty. In San Fran, it's someone like me - a beautiful, tall, and smart Asian American woman. In NYC, it's a bit more diverse. In DC, it's basically a blonde girl. Everybody says dating in DC is better than dating in NYC for women, but it's only true if you're a white woman. What do you think?
Tall Asian women....thats hot! I think DC men might be a bit immature for you. You seem to have accomplished a lot. Men here in DC, at 27 are still hitting Dewey Beach.....nothing wrong with that, but it wont work for you. Plus, not everyone is into Asian ladies, ever think of that?

Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
I like good music and literature and I work for Chevrolet, im not a hob snob one bit but enjoy nice things.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:50 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
It shouldnt be hard to date if you people would just get over yourselves. When you're refusing to date someone cause they went to college x instead of college y thats your own fault you're single.

I can tell you its nice to have a girl, to come home to.someone, share your life, be happy and content.

This is a similar thread to the one about not moving to DC if you dont want to stay single. If you dont want to stay single how about not being a snobby *****? Now Im no rocket scientist but you catch more bees with honey.

Ya'll come up with these strategic analysis on how to find a man or woman when in reality all you need to do is go out there and ask someone on a date.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:02 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
Try being an Asian man and getting a date with a woman of *any* race. Even tall, good looking, educated, successful Asian men are constantly rejected in favor of average white, black and Latino men. I have never heard of an Asian woman having a hard time finding a date, ever. I honestly don't know why Asian women are so prized because the vast majority of Asian women don't have curves at all and never have body fat where it counts.
Easy there buddy.

1. That's not true. Tall, good looking, educated, rich Asian men always get the girl. Girls don't look for race most of the time, and obviously the one's that does aren't the girls that successful man look for in a woman.

2. Asian woman have different idea of a man.

3. Asian women as a group aren't prized, as they aren't Porsche 595 or anything made out of things. That's only in certain corners of the minority screaming out loud online (check em')

4. Some Asian women have great curves.

5. Most Asian women don't get old or fat until they hit menopause.

6. Yes, this is a bait.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:59 AM

I've been told by Asian women that their parents relay to them, "you better not bring how a Black man or you'll be banished from the family eternally, and you'll bring shame to your ancestor's legacy."

Old 12-19-2015, 11:01 AM

You want a "socially pathetic" city?!!! Try Baltimore City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Wrong again.

DC is not any more socially pathetic than any other city. DC is only socially pathetic for people who are socially pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: