Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:06 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsannab17 View Post
Trust me I know. I live in San Diego right now. I know all about expensive property.
Okay. Missed that you were coming from San Diego. Still, you need to budget more, or move further out. MARC or VRE trains are a good suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:48 AM

11 posts, read 24,926 times
Thanks

Old 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM

31 posts, read 31,236 times
I don't think you can get a 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhouse with a fenced yard in a good neighborhood near a metro for $2000 a month. Much less one that takes dogs. I hope you find something, though.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:19 AM

6 posts, read 4,778 times
No one should be rude to you however this is a high cost renting town. As others said I am not sure you could get a one bedroom in a safe area for that price. Three bedrooms in general are almost unheard of due to high price. They don't build many because it is not economical and too few people could afford them. I think you can get some of what you want but I was just suggesting you prioritize between the stuff you want for example super nice neighborhood vs. three bedroom vs.3 pets vs. willing to pay more.

I say this as someone who shares a 300 for studio with another person and my cat, because I chose to be close to work and in a nice neighborhood for 1600. I moved from Another east coast city where I lived in a 800 sq foot one bedroom for 1200 in an equally nice neighborhood. Different city's have different costs and DC isonly behind San franscico in price.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Also, I know an amazing realtor in the area that I would be happy to refer you to. They aren't allowed to discourage you from areas due to certain attributes, but he will be happy to assist in your search and give a lot of helpful advice. He's happy to work with rentals.
Can I get that info.....moving to NOVA soon....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: