Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 09:39 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,230,123 times

Advertisements

Im referring to the Tafti/Stamos prosecutor and Merlene/Favola state senate primary races..in both cases seasoned liberal Democrats challenged by radicals who are running on far far left platforms. Both challengers have a shot at winning. Republicans arent even running anymore in Arlington races because its totally hopeless.

But thats the thing with single party rule...it gets nuttier all the time as long as the electorate just waves them through.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:29 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
OP is probably better off in Southern Virginia or Western Michigan. OP would also do well in Ohio, like Cincinnati or neutral territory like Columbus.

Unless the OP just wants problems and is a provocateur, which is a different conversation. Probably is the case given the FUD concerning straws.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:50 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,391,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
OP is probably better off in Southern Virginia or Western Michigan. OP would also do well in Ohio, like Cincinnati or neutral territory like Columbus.

Unless the OP just wants problems and is a provocateur, which is a different conversation. Probably is the case given the FUD concerning straws.
I don’t know. I know a lot of men, most in Arlington & Loudon, that are yuge Trump supporters in the area. On my team at work, every woman of every age and race is against trump, even GOP women, and every single man except me is pro-Trump. Maybe NoVa would be a good compromise for the poster. Though. I still say, ignore politics and just enjoy the city. Geez.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:54 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I don’t know. I know a lot of men, most in Arlington & Loudon, that are yuge Trump supporters in the area. On my team at work, every woman of every age and race is against trump, even GOP women, and every single man except me is pro-Trump. Maybe NoVa would be a good compromise for the poster. Though. I still say, ignore politics and just enjoy the city. Geez.
We have Trump supporters down here. I think Virginia in general can go either way but I would not suggest the OP live in the district regardless of how beautiful he thinks Georgetown is. I can't tell if the OP is being sarcastic or he really does rub liberals the wrong way.

I mentioned the Midwest because you can be a conservative and have an argument with someone without having a physical altercation. Generally it is the more rural areas that are conservative anyway. People aren't trying to over talk you or get in a shouting match up there.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:03 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,664 times
You want to move to DC based on straws and pictures of Georgetown? Huh? That's just weird. People generally end up in a place they love, career opportunities, etc. Straws and pics of Georgetown? Really? I live in DC and rarely go to Georgetown as I think its vastly overrated. No Metro access doesn't bother me. I find the people douchey. The majority of people who hang out in Georgetown either live there or live in MD or VA and aren't aware of other areas in DC. Personally, I usually get dragged to DC once a year because my friends may want to grab brunch or a drink there.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:19 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,613,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Just out of curiosity where are you meeting a ton of 'yuge' Trump supporters from Arlington? Considering the county often votes 90 plus percent Democrat I find that statement difficult to believe. It's also 'Loudoun' not Loudon (which also is Blue) and unless they are in the western part of the county there aren't many there either. The entire DC area is largely blue until you get down towards Stafford or Spotsylvania or west towards the Shenandoah Valley. I agree though with ignoring politics and enjoy your city. I am sure there are conservative meet-up groups you can join. Plenty of Hill staffers/ workers are conservative as well they just often keep their parents home addresses (despite living in DC or close-in burbs for years) and aren't on the voter rolls.

Last edited by NOVAmtneer82; 05-12-2019 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 04:06 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,230,123 times
20,000 people voted for Trump in Arlington in 2016. But then of course so did over 600,000 people in L.A. county and 35,000 even in San Francisco county. There are obviously some GOP voters in this area, but that doesn't change the overall social climate as being strongly anti-Trump and anti-GOP in general here. In politics an 80-20 or 75-25 split, which is what you roughly have in Arlington, is huge in terms of setting the overall tone of an area.

Also consider that in D.C. itself it's more like a 95-5 split.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:18 AM

117 posts, read 257,568 times
This thread is funny. I almost feel like you're trolling me.

If you think DC is better looking than LA, you're crazy. You can find a picturesque section of any city. You can also find a ****ty picture of any city as well. DC, is cold, and the people here (generally) unfriendly and lack an actual personality. Customer Service is pretty much filled with people just going through the motions and they all hate their jobs.

I'm fairly new to the area, but generally, that's how I feel. It's actually a decent place to live overall. But If I had the option, I would definitely rather live on the west coast.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:48 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,664 times
HAHA! I would agree people here are generally snotty. Most women walk around with RBF and wonder why they're single. And most couples are typically attractive women with nerdy men. It's a funny city to live in. Overall, I love DC but could do without most of the people.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:53 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,391,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Just out of curiosity where are you meeting a ton of 'yuge' Trump supporters from Arlington? Considering the county often votes 90 plus percent Democrat I find that statement difficult to believe. It's also 'Loudoun' not Loudon (which also is Blue) and unless they are in the western part of the county there aren't many there either. The entire DC area is largely blue until you get down towards Stafford or Spotsylvania or west towards the Shenandoah Valley. I agree though with ignoring politics and enjoy your city. I am sure there are conservative meet-up groups you can join. Plenty of Hill staffers/ workers are conservative as well they just often keep their parents home addresses (despite living in DC or close-in burbs for years) and aren't on the voter rolls.
Work. So from all over the metro, and CSA, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC