Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 PM

6 posts, read 17,707 times

Advertisements

I have a couple questions on life out there in D.C. How rent looks; as well as the 'social' scene around town.

I'm heavily into music, a MAJOR passion of mine and I would love to know that the music industry/scene is rockin' out there. I used to DJ, and would love to know that there are some 'dj friendly' clubs/parties out there. Breakbeats are my love, but I also have a crush on House music ... anything to get my feet movin'. I prefer rock/alternative on the otherside of electronica, 80's music also holds a piece of my heart, so clubs blowing that through the speakers, or local rock bands also tend to draw me close. I'm wondering about the local bar scene too. I'm no holiday drunk, but I do love to go out and get ****-faced with the right crowd. so if anyone has any useful info on that .. it would be totally awesome.

How flaky might D.C. be when it comes to compadres'? I like having a close knit of friends, but in this day and age, snatchin' those up is about as likely as getting the prices of gas to go down. So if you're rockin' like docken', please don't hesitate to drop me a line or two.

As far as the other question, my credit is not the greatest, by any means, so I would love to know what the rent looks like out there. Unfortunately, haha, I have an eviction on my history. Although it's no laughing matter, the situation is kind of baffling to me still, and I know that I will probably run into some kind of problem with that lurking over my head like a black cloud. At any rate - it's something that I have to deal with and any info on that would be very useful to me and my wallet.

Hope to hear from some cool dude and dudettes soon ...
Take It Sleezy Til' Then D.C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 07:11 AM

847 posts, read 3,354,600 times
You might want to look at sharing a place with a roommate. Maybe look at Craigs List?

As for neighborhoods, I'd suspect you'd need to live out in the 'burbs a bit, with access to the Metro, so you can get in to the city when you want. Beware, though, the Metro is not 24-hour, so you'd need to get home early or find a ride back. You might want to look in VA around the Huntington metro stop. You might be able to find an apartment there. There are nice apartments, and then there are affordable apartments, so if you see one ad in the area for $X-thousands/month, figure that's in one of the more upscale buildings, and don't get too discouraged right away.

You know, you might be able to find something in Silver Spring, Maryland that you'd like and you could afford (maybe with a roommate). Silver Spring has a reputation for being young and hip, and still has some rough edges where rents are lower. And there's be stuff around for you to do that you wouldn't need the Metro for (though you'd be fairly close to some of the party neighborhoods in DC if you're living on the MD side of town).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC