Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 12:32 PM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,701 posts, read 2,532,164 times

Advertisements

I was excited to hit the Echostage reopening Friday night, but the drive up from Raleigh was excruciating once we hit Fredericksburg. Is traffic always bumper to bumper in that stretch of 395? Would 495 East have been a better option?

This was a short-notice trip, so flying was a little pricey, but I may have to do that next time. Gettin' old sucks. By the time I spent 6 hours in the car, I wasn't in shape to enjoy my prime front-row spot, but ZEDD was worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 02:03 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,397,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I was excited to hit the Echostage reopening Friday night, but the drive up from Raleigh was excruciating once we hit Fredericksburg. Is traffic always bumper to bumper in that stretch of 395? Would 495 East have been a better option?

This was a short-notice trip, so flying was a little pricey, but I may have to do that next time. Gettin' old sucks. By the time I spent 6 hours in the car, I wasn't in shape to enjoy my prime front-row spot, but ZEDD was worth the wait.

Fredericksburg is always excruciating.

I don’t know about coming from 495 but it seems well out of the way (if 395 was rough, then it’s fairly easy to imagine 295 was also). I would think 395 is the best way to echostage.

Also, yesterday was pride. Traffic in DC was horrible in general.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:35 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,079,365 times
He means that the annual "Gay Pride" parade and festival in D.C. was Saturday.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:15 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,618,450 times
95 between Richmond and the Beltway is always a mess especially once you get to Fredericksburg. Add in the construction from the Express Lane extension down to Spotsylvania and summer weekend traffic mixing in with heavy local traffic and frequent rear end collisions and you get that disaster. It can often take three hours to drive that 90ish mile corridor. Then 395 from the Beltway to DC line isn't great but usually more free flowing- the pride parade and other festival events and also Nats game contributed to that congestion. Taking 495 East would've caused you to go out of the way and there is frequently slow downs as 95 overlaps with 495 on that stretch.

I totally get it- friends of mine in Raleigh were surprised once when I flew down for a quick weekend trip. It should take about four hours driving but 95 can cause it to be 7 plus so I said forget it and enjoyed the 25 minute flight.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:30 PM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,701 posts, read 2,532,164 times
Thanks for the comments -- trust and believe I will fly next time. Should've asked here first so I'd have known what I was getting into!!

I'll stick to my Raleigh rush-hour traffic any day of the week!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC