Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,402 times

Advertisements

I am in DC for work training. My wife and daughter are coming to visit me on the weekend my daughter turns one year old. I am looking for ideas on where to take her for her first birthday. Even though it will only be the three of us I want to have her an unforgettable first birthday party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 05:38 PM

239 posts, read 711,405 times
Well, I hate to say it...but she wont remember it!! My daughter does not remember hers at all! We actually recently looked at the photos and she laughed about them because she saw the typical 'cake all over the face' photo, but she has no idea what she did.

That said; do something that you and your wife would do if you were to have your 1st B-days again. You can go to the Smithsonian and look at Dorothy's ruby slippers and take photos of her. You can go rent a peddle boat and see the monuments from the water (if she will sit still). Or the ZOO!! I have not yet been to the National Zoo, but I cant wait to go! I think it would be great to tell her when she's older that you took her to the National Zoo for her 1st B-day!!

What ever you do it will be memorable for you and just take a ton of photos.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:43 AM

184 posts, read 751,293 times
Take her to ride the merry-go-round on the mall. Take lots of pictures.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
She also might like an elevator ride to the top of the Washington Monument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC