Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 PM

144 posts, read 698,695 times

Advertisements

... Well, part of it anyway. We just fell in love with the activities and the tiny shops and restaurants that were reachable by walking or public transportation. Dupont Circle was especially very nice. The neighborhood felt safe and there were just a variety of folks to watch.

I wish I had more time to check out the night life, but believe me, my legs aren't used to walking 5 miles a day. The walks were definitely enjoyable with all the sights and sounds around, but it sure puts you to bed early.

If I could get double of what I'm making now, then I'll probably move there. But for now, I guess I'll put up with Florida.

Thanks again for the tips everyone!

By the way, you guys/gals forgot to mention this:

"A Community with Pride

The Dupont Circle area has also long been one of DC's gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered centers. The Circle itself has been the site of annual Youth Pride and Pets Pride DC celebrations and the stepping off point for demonstrations and Pride parades. Dupont's restaurants, bars, and bookstores are major sites in gay DC, in particular Lambda Rising, one of the nation's best known gay bookstores since 1974."

We walked into Lambda Rising just checking out the store. It took us 30 seconds to figure out that it wasn't your typical B&N or Borders store. :-)

Last edited by Qacer; 05-15-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Well, it's always well to leave some of the mystery unrevealed. That's not really too tough a one to figure out anyway. DC has a substantial and well-organized gay community that contributes a good deal to public discourse in general...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: