Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 AM

307 posts, read 1,421,429 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who moved to the Tri-Cities area. He used to call it Tri-sh*t**s. You get the idea. I am a firm believer that you need to go see for yourself, but from what I've heard Bend is a beautiful place with incredible natural wonder and Tri-Cities is where you live if you can't afford to live anywhere else in WA. I know there are people on here who love Tri-Cities and I'm not saying they're wrong. Just wanted to let you know what I've heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,843 times
Actually, that's just one many variations. The one I use most often is Dry-Sh*ties. But, I love that place and there's lots of West-siders that have started flocking to the area to escape the gray and wet weather to enjoy some (almost) year-round sun. To each his own I suppose. Definitely check it out for yourself.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Going strictly on climate/views, I far prefer Bend - I like the Ponderosa Pine forests, the gorgeous views of the Cascades. On the other hand, Bend isn't nearly the value that Tri-Cities is. I think Bend was on the top 10 fastest-growing cities list in the entire country for 5-6 years, and it really shows driving through town and the neighborhoods.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM

199 posts, read 1,513,957 times
I agree with all the votes for Bend, although Tri-cities is more affordable. Bend is just nicer.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM

534 posts, read 3,111,620 times
I've been researching the two areas myself, both seem like great places to live.

Bend seems a little nicer from a scenic viewpoint, but the people in Tri-Cities seem to be a little more down to earth. The only place I've seen more Range/Land Rovers than in Bend, was in Los Angeles. While I say this though, most of the people I've had the pleasure of talking to in Bend were long time residents or transplants from western/midwest areas.

And if this makes sense, Bend seems more "isolated" to me (if that's possible).

Like others have said, financially, the Tri-Cities makes the choice easy, being about 1/2 the cost of Bend/Redmond..

Looking forward to a Fall visit to both, to gather more data!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 AM

24 posts, read 128,748 times
Thanks Kdizzle, it looks like we need to stay towards I5. Basically anywhere from Portland to Salem and in between. We did have our sites on the Tri-Cities area and thought that was going to be the best fit, but after my husband's meetings it looks as though we need to be looking at a different direction So that brings me to my next question, how is Salem? Have you or anyone you know visited there? Also should we consider any other area's in that route? Help!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncamper View Post
Thanks Kdizzle, it looks like we need to stay towards I5. Basically anywhere from Portland to Salem and in between. We did have our sites on the Tri-Cities area and thought that was going to be the best fit, but after my husband's meetings it looks as though we need to be looking at a different direction So that brings me to my next question, how is Salem? Have you or anyone you know visited there? Also should we consider any other area's in that route? Help!
Pop over into the Oregon forums and you'll see a lot of info on Salem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington