Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 AM

60 posts, read 289,011 times

Advertisements

Could someone give me an idea of areas of Bellingham we should check out? We don't want to spend much more than 400K on a home. We have small kids so family friendly is a must. A large yard is preferable since we have large dogs. Walking distance to a neighborhood park a must! All input appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 AM

309 posts, read 365,285 times
Yes.....there ARE definitely some very nice neighborhoods in and around Bellingham where you could find exactly what you are looking for.
Personally, I would recommend that you use Google Maps and do a little search on these areas specifically.......

(1). NE Bellingham....just off of Barkley Blvd and just west of Britton Road.....VERY nice area where you may find homes near/and above the 400k range....peaceful, scenic and a park there as well. Between Squalicum High School and Barkley Village.

(2). E Bellingham.....along North Shore Dr. just east of the Silver Beach neighborhood and within a short walk of Lake Whatcom......VERY nice.

(3). S Bellingham.....Off of South Samish....near Lake Padden
(4). Edgemoor....Fairhaven area......though.....400k is unrealistic in this area...unless you are extremely lucky.
(5). Geneva.....east Bellingham along Lakeway and the southshore of Lake Whatcom.....nice area....some areas more so than others though but you could surely find something in that area I would think.

Personally......I would suggest you really consider the FIRST choice area on this list and go from there. I am NOT a RE Agent......but I do look at the biz.....and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 AM

60 posts, read 289,011 times
What a great response! I'm adding all these areas to our scouting trip next month. Thank you!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:40 AM

41 posts, read 211,665 times
My suggestion is to read the thread the Good, the Bad and the Ugly about Bellingham. There is a lot of good info in there. Best to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: