Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 08:41 AM

129 posts, read 208,597 times

Advertisements

Hello! Thank you all for your advise so far. We are planning to move mid-May and had a few outstanding questions I'm having trouble finding.

Recycling - does the City of Lacey or City of Olympia pick up recycling at the home, and if so, how frequently? Or, is this done by each neighborhood or town? We have twice monthly service here and are always filled up. In the more rural areas here there is no recycling pick-up. Wanted to ask as it's something we'll need to budget for if it's not part of the cities services.

As we may need to live in temp housing for a month or two, any recommendations on quieter apartment communities? Would want to be close to I-5 for work, around exit 108-116 or so.

Thanks all, appreciate it and enjoy your weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,139,449 times
Here in Olympia the recycling pick up alternates weekly with the regular garbage pick so... recycling gets picked up every other week. Our containers are pretty large and I have no problem with excess refuse. Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:56 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,677 times
Olympia's recycling is every other week and is serviced via the city's public works dept.

Outside of the city limits of Olympia including the city of Lacey is serviced by LeMay. Recycling dates vary (separate glass pick-up from regular recycle pick-up).

The nicer apartment complexes north of the Hospital on Lilly Rd. may work. A few of them are stuffed full of elderly people, so super quiet with very attentive complex managers.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:31 AM

129 posts, read 208,597 times
Thank you, very helpful info. Andy, do you know if you have to pay separately for recycling in Lacey with LeMay or if that's included in taxes? Right now we are probably going to try and get as close to my office as possible in Lacey (Williamette and Marvin area) at least at first. Thanks for the note on the apartments, hoping we have a few to choose from here on Monday. What hospital is that up there?

Quick bolt on Is there a large hospital system up there that also has "branches" that span out? Didn't get feedback on my finding a doctor forum, but I figure if there is a hospital system up there that I could usually find a few good ones through them and they will be interconnected. Just find it's a bit easier to be in some of those hospital system practices for medical files and things.

Thank you!

Old 05-02-2014, 02:11 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosLHalper View Post
Thank you, very helpful info. Andy, do you know if you have to pay separately for recycling in Lacey with LeMay or if that's included in taxes? Right now we are probably going to try and get as close to my office as possible in Lacey (Williamette and Marvin area) at least at first. Thanks for the note on the apartments, hoping we have a few to choose from here on Monday. What hospital is that up there?

Quick bolt on Is there a large hospital system up there that also has "branches" that span out? Didn't get feedback on my finding a doctor forum, but I figure if there is a hospital system up there that I could usually find a few good ones through them and they will be interconnected. Just find it's a bit easier to be in some of those hospital system practices for medical files and things.

Thank you!

LeMay is a separate deal. If you want to save a few $, the landfill/garbage transfer center is right at Exit 111 off of Hogum Bay Rd. directly adjacent to the freeway.

The main hospital in the area is Providence St. Peter Hospital on Lilly Rd. There is also a hospital on the Westside, the Capital Medical Center.

Providence is a hospital system. Some other hospital systems between Olympia and the northern end of Seattle are Franciscan, Swedish, Virginia Mason, and Group Health. Swedish and Virginia Mason are Seattle based. Group Health has a large Olympia clinic on Lilly Rd, but their hospitals are up in north in Seattle and Redmond.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 PM

611 posts, read 1,205,028 times
Group Health feeds their Olympia area patients into Providence St. Peters and even has their own group of doctors within the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington