Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 924 times

Advertisements

Hello, I work in Tacoma and currently commute from Bremerton. I am getting sick and tired of paying 90 bucks a month in tolls to that bridge so I'm planning to move to the other side. I do not own a home or stuck in a lease so I'm good to go.

The only thing i'm worried about is traffic. I start work at 3pm so my I would probably leave my house around 2pm since its 30mins according to google maps from Graham to Tacoma. Is there any grid locks on the way? I know 512 can get nasty but the route on google has me going up N. Meridian to Puyallup and then N levee road up to Tacoma.

My plan is to buy a vacant lot of land and build a house. How is crime in Graham? I will not live in Tacoma due to crime and the homeless/transients that are everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 06:02 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,730,032 times
Graham is a safe area, and the real estate is cheap and plentiful. It's also growing like crazy, especially Frederickson.

The best way to commute is to avoid Meridian at all costs and take Canyon Rd. It's a 6 laner without a lot of traffic lights. I'd compare it to the road that begins at the end of Wheaton Way and goes towards Silverdale.

A good route would be north on Canyon Rd, west onto Pioneer/72nd, north onto Pacific Ave to downtown. That'd keep you off the freeways where all the gridlock exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington