Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 PM

14,569 posts, read 12,232,301 times

Advertisements

It’s late but the tendency of some to assume the worst about everyone else without any evidence does not convince me you know what you’re talking about, it tells me you have no idea. That attitude is what’s wrong with the messaging on this issue.

Again you know nothing about me or the safety measures I’ve taken or what I have learned over the past year and a half.

Maybe if I have time tomorrow I’ll answer some of what you’ve guessed wrong. But not now :-) it’s late. Good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
So very sad, but so typical of American Free-Dumb seekers. "All about ME, I don't give a rip who I infect, Thats THEIR choice to be interacting with the public."
/

Well, it's morning, and I am no more interested in wasting my Saturday with you than I was last night. I have done EVERYTHING we have been advised to do in the past year, and then some. I have watched and learned my own lessons. I have lived safely and responsibly. Not one person has gotten this disease from me. Not one. And I'm frankly tired of being lectured by the self-appointed internet covid police.

That's what badgering people and insulting gets you. Ignored!

Have a nice weekend.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:19 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,754,107 times
So the anti vaxxers have filled the hospitals and now people in Washington can’t get treatment for other illnesses because Idaho is sending their overflow to Washington? Color me shocked.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:06 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,077,121 times
Has anybody found ANY data showing the percentage of Idaho residents in Spokane hospitals for Covid and other treatments??

The Chelan-Douglas Health District does publish county of origin for COIVD patients at the hospital.

All from eastern Washington except for one from Utah and one from King County??

Are you guys ready to take the King County resident back???

Old 09-18-2021, 12:33 PM

No - there's no data so far... just a lot of allegation designed to pit us against each other.

We don't have to play.

Old 09-18-2021, 01:34 PM

230 posts, read 97,896 times
I think it is very possible that we may see a state or county implementing the "no non vaccinated people admitted to hospital policy". It has been an idea joked around on media and by late night TV. But the anger from pro vaccination crowd is getting fairly hot, before it was mild. I saw an article where a vaccinated lady died with Covid, her family used the obituary to blame non vaccinated folks on her death.

Its getting hot.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,754,107 times
I find those lamenting against division sort of amusing after they spent five years cheering for “owning the libs”. Since vaccines have become so political and states like Idaho and regions like rural Washington equate anti vaccine with freedom, it seems surprising that there would be complaints when it is noted that those same regions have run out of hospital beds due to the unvaccinated, thus taking available beds from places like Western Washington. Someone died from a gall bladder because there were no beds due to COVID. Gall bladder removal is highly treatable but not if there’s no space to treat it.

Old 09-18-2021, 03:16 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,280,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I find those lamenting against division sort of amusing after they spent five years cheering for “owning the libs”. Since vaccines have become so political and states like Idaho and regions like rural Washington equate anti vaccine with freedom, it seems surprising that there would be complaints when it is noted that those same regions have run out of hospital beds due to the unvaccinated, thus taking available beds from places like Western Washington. Someone died from a gall bladder because there were no beds due to COVID. Gall bladder removal is highly treatable but not if there’s no space to treat it.
I call BS on that without a citation. Please cite your sources.

In Spokane, elective surgeries have been paused. Life-threatening gall bladder surgery certainly wouldn't be paused.

Is it worse in Western WA? If so, I think you would be hard-pressed to blame that on Idaho without actual data.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:44 PM

The ONLY two ways to control a pandemic is through vaccines or quarantines.

Governor Inslee was against BOTH methods at the beginning of the pandemic. He was NOT alone, lots of other politicians followed in his footsteps. But Inslee spread it into eastern Washington AND Idaho!!!

Water under the bridge as they say...at this point in the pandemic. Back to basics.

Vaccines and quarantines.

Quarantine travel, just like BC did this last summer, by MEDICAL SHED. If you live in Pierce, King or Snohomish County you have to be vaccinated to travel outside your medical shed. Put the State Patrol on Snoqualmie Pass, Stevens, and close North Cascades stopping all traffic and checking for proof of vaccination.

Do this at stateline in Spokane. There that will take care of the "pesky" Idaho residents that didn't get a vaccine.

Likewise, the million plus western Washington residents that are STILL UNVACCINATED to keep them from further spreading the virus into eastern Washington!!!

But I suspect Governor Inslee is more comfortable with blaming people, as the Seattle Times, and others than actually coming up with a workable solution.

If your NOT going to require mandatory vaccination and limit travel....then look at Florida. They made the decision on vaccination and travel would not be used to control the pandemic and have done a REAL GOOD job of dealing with the pandemic with those serious limitations.

But Governor Inslee would rather pretend that all is fine and that it is ALWAYS somebody else at fault!

Old 09-18-2021, 10:31 PM

Here is a article from the InLander in Spokane on vaccination numbers in Spokane. Worth reading. Data is not always correct data.

https://www.inlander.com/spokane/at-...t?oid=21812538

Really surprised at the military not sharing their vaccination numbers with the state.

I was always puzzled by the low vaccination rates for Garfield County. Lots of educated, well-off people in the county with few minorities that traditionally do not do vaccinations.

Both Covid and vaccination numbers are very low. I suspect the Inlander article applies to Garfield County. People got vaccinated in Lewiston, Idaho just 30 minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington