Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,172 times

Advertisements

we are relocating to wa from nj to start new life, not decided which city but my choices are seattle,spokane, and bellvue. please help us to find good school for my 3 boys ( 5,10,11 y/o), good community...we're planning to rent a townhouse or condo (price range 1000-1200) in a suburb area.and most important,please help us to find a hospital that have good compensation,good reputation for the employee.me and my husband are nurses,so we're looking for hospital that give a nice relocation fee.the only hospital that we know is Harborview,and we have interview on August 2009.please help us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:01 PM

6 posts, read 23,138 times
Good luck , i am from Mahwah and i am another one from New Jersey that would love to start a new life in WA , i wish all the luck to you and your family !!!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM

576 posts, read 2,261,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ching1 View Post
we are relocating to wa from nj to start new life, not decided which city but my choices are seattle,spokane, and bellvue. please help us to find good school for my 3 boys ( 5,10,11 y/o), good community...we're planning to rent a townhouse or condo (price range 1000-1200) in a suburb area.and most important,please help us to find a hospital that have good compensation,good reputation for the employee.me and my husband are nurses,so we're looking for hospital that give a nice relocation fee.the only hospital that we know is Harborview,and we have interview on August 2009.please help us
Harborview is a large, fast-paced "County Hospital" as well as being the regional trauma center. Think LA County Hospital or Cook County Hospital in Chicago and you'll have the appropriate image in mind. Depending upon your area of nursing, it can be a very busy place to work. It's great that you have an interview there as many hospitals have placed hiring freezes on staff, including nurses, given the economy.

Perhaps sometime before August, you could contact a property manager or realtor and look at housing on one of the days you're in Seattle. Where you live will depend upon your pocketbook as well as the length of commute you're willing to endure. Off the cuff though, I'd bet a 2 bed/2 bath condo or townhouse in the nicer parts of Seattle or Bellevue is going to run more in the $1200 to $1500 range than the $1000 end of things. Bellevue is "east side" so you'll have to cross the bridge twice a day to get to and from work (at least assuming that job is at Harborview).

I know it seems simple but land the best job you can find first, then decide where to live in that particular area, choose schools etc. You also might get more "bites" on your question if you post it on the Seattle and Spokane sub-sections?

Good Luck!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:33 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
I made the move from the Garden State over 30 years ago( and continue to miss real diners, good pizza, and good bagels)...Harborview is affiliated with University Hospital, so with either one you'd technically be a state employee. Some other big hospitals in these parts include Swedish Medical center, Group Health, Virginia Mason, Valley Medical in Renton, which is also publicly owned, and Overlake in Belleve.
One area worth considering as a place to live might be Issaquah. It's easy to get to Seattle, Bellevue, and Renton from there, and has good schools.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:48 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ching1 View Post
Well Ching1, Seattle Bellevue are on the west side of the state and Spokane is on the east side of the state, Seattle Bellevue, fast paced, lots of people, lots to do. It is the largest city/ metropolitian area in the state. To some it is great and to some it is a rat race. Spokane is a small city, lots of family values, slower pace and overall better options for your sons, smaller schools, less crime and so on. I do not know what part of Jersy you are from, so it is all perspective. I have been and worked in Philly/So.Jersy, and Seattle looks like a small town compared to Camden and there crime rates. But I lived in Seattle for 30 plus years and moved to the Spokane area to raise my daughters with my wife. It was a great move. So wherever you end up best of luck. The two main hospitals in Spokane are Sacred Heart and Deconess and Maybe Providance. In Seattle try Northwest hosptal, Childerens, University of Washington (I think they are a part of Harborview, don't know for sure)Swedish and Group Health. In Bellevue it is Overlake hospital and in Kirkland(right next to Bellevue) Evergreen Hospital. Hope this helps.

Last edited by tankratt; 06-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: dough head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington